Thread: Question about 2 bar map SD tuning

Question about 2 bar map SD tuning

I am trying to get the Map sensor to show more than 105 kpa in my logs , if I change the properties of the Map sensor to 220 kpa max , it maxes out at 105 kpa , and when I insert the 2 bar map PID , it doesn't even work . Do I need to tell the PCM where to get the 2 bar map signal from ? I have the GM plug and play 2 bar map . Any help is greatly appreciated as always .

You have to have the 2-bar VCM enhancement installed. See HERE for VCM enhancements.
    Always Support Our Troops!

I do have it installed , I am trying to tune the car and the enhancements are showing up in my editor software but not in my scanner software .

Q1) did you do a Write Entire? If not, the enhancement isn't in the PCM.

Q2) After checking Q1. You need to delete the standard MAP sensor PID in the table view and replace it with the 2-bar sensor PID.

Q1 - yes

Q2 - I did not see an option to delete , only to remove it . So I removed it and recreated a guage and when I called it the 2 bar map PID it read nothing , and when I used the "sensor" Map sensor even changing the properties to read more , it would still only read 105 kpa . I know it is something stupid and small and I am sure if you were here it would be simple . The tune seems to be working somewhat well , but I can not log the data .

Does your table view look something like this?

No , I did not insert it there , I tried creating a guage on the guages screen and could not get it to work , am I only able to view it in this table ?

Quote Originally Posted by mike72678
    No , I did not insert it there , I tried creating a guage on the guages screen and could not get it to work , am I only able to view it in this table ?
    PIDs and sensors must be in the Table (Primary) in order to work in other views ie histgrams and gauges. Think of it like the master list where the other displays source the data from.

Once it's in the table view, you can then use it in the gauge etc

If the gauge or meter is supported in the Table then it will appear with a needle or similar. I am assuming you have no needle on you gauge at the moment.

Hope that makes sense.

You got it . OK , that is what I am doing wrong , thanks guys !