Thread: truck has serious shift time errors help 6.4shift error .5 shift time..

Tuner

truck has serious shift time errors help 6.4shift error .5 shift time..

Got a new transmission bc last one was going out had truck reprogrammed back to stock. 99 gmc sierra 2wd 5.3 4l60e. Went with the bigger than stock tires which are the optional size posted on the sticker on driver door. 255/70/16= 30.1 according to hptuners conversion table. Tried it both ways auto-scaling and leaving it alone think it was better without auto scale so these files and log files are unscaled. Still I get the same shift errors as I did with the oem stock tire sizes which were 29.23...I just don't understand how im getting a 6.4 or 6.3 shift time error when its only .5 or half of a second. Also its very uncommon for my 1-2 to have shift errors 3-4 has shift errors but 2-3 always has them in fact if you watch the scan log before I have even taken the vehicle out of park already has a .6 shift error without even driving it. Can someone please tell me what the hell is going on?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    How do the shifts actually feel?

Judging by the logs the rpm drop and everything looks pretty normal. Also the actual shift times seem normal as well. If its acting and feels the way you want it, then don't worry about it. Could be bug in the scanner or something.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by charcoal03silvy View Post
    How do the shifts actually feel?

Judging by the logs the rpm drop and everything looks pretty normal. Also the actual shift times seem normal as well. If its acting and feels the way you want it, then don't worry about it. Could be bug in the scanner or something.
    They feel like garbage the 1-2 shift is fine no matter what tire size is put in. The 2-3 fights the transmission adaptive pressure first time its too slow and comfortable (Cadillac shift) and next it jerks the vehicle and you feel a shutter in the pedal (dodge caravan) and it just keeps fighting back an forth 3-4 you cant really feel a problem most of the time even when it sees the shift error but sometimes that too. Its like feeling the line pressure that the computer is forcing the shift. Ive checked all my fuses all wiring had my tap cells reset at a dealer and fast adapted. Checked tps is good vss is good tire sizes are flashed in (I own a tech 2 and tis2000 you cant change tire sizes for a 99 there just is no option). Had truck back to the dealer since it has a 3 year 100k warranty they said they were chargeing me $100 for taking it in because I felt something wasn't right if it wasn't their warrantied transmissions fault, they said it was fine but when I picked it up I wasn't charge labor and shop supplies were 0.00$. Maybe I can drive around with the tech 2 and see if it shows the same shift errors...actually Im 90% sure I can see the last shift errors after I plug it in don't even need to drive it. I just don't get it and it bums me.
    Last edited by chevypower101; 06-02-2019 at 04:35 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    The tire size really only has to do with shift points, not shift timing or pressures. Either you have something wrong mechanically or electronically. I've tuned hundreds of these trucks over the years and have never seen this before. Sorry
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by charcoal03silvy View Post
    The tire size really only has to do with shift points, not shift timing or pressures. Either you have something wrong mechanically or electronically. I've tuned hundreds of these trucks over the years and have never seen this before. Sorry
    So my ecm is new it will take a tune tps is fine vss is fine ect works properly. What should I check also the trans was a rebuild gm certified unit. My battery is good all grounds have been cleaned checked all wires. Is there a possibility one of the connectors to the trans could have a issue even the shift selector because its the only thing NOT new mounted to the trans?