Thread: injector and maf tuning

Tuner

Question injector and maf tuning

i am planning on doing my own "stage 2" set up (ie: ZZP modular pulley and puller, 42 lb injectors and harness, and drive belt) and tuning it with the hptuners for the larger injectors, 7k redline, and boost management

Questions:
    1. what parameters are you hpt people using for the fuel management with 42 lb injectors? i am still a n00b with adjusting the PE and VE tables and dont wanna jack up my fuel maps and risk breaking shit.
    2. what values are you using for the MAF sensor to keep it happy? i am plagued with the usual p0171 DTC from my intake.
    2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged - 3xx whp. *Gone*
    2014 Camaro M6 - Too slow.

Just turn off the P0171 code in the DTC's, for one.

Read the descriptions of the PE table inside of the software, it will make instant sense. You're basically selecting your A/F ratio over the band with it.

The table that tells the car 'how big' the injectors are is :
    Engine > General Fuel > Flow Rate vs. KPA... you need these values that are attached. I THINK that's about it for injectors... but remember, I'm not perfect verify this before blindly assuming!
    2005 Stage 2 Saturn Ion Redline
    260whp, 225wtq 14.0 @ 13.7 (2nd time dragging)

RedlineForums.com Moderator and Eager Tuning Noob.
    Chicago, IL

Advanced Tuner
    the 42lb table is basically right, but why did you disable 0171 code for fuel trim lean? I've never thrown this code ever.

Also 11.8 from what I've HEARD is the best overall AFR for boosted cars, best bet is run 11.8 till you hit max torque then run up to 12.1 for the high horsepower band. but you're best bet is to check with someone more professional and also using a wideband is much safer!
    06 Cobalt SS SC
    2.7 pulley
    42.5lb Injectors
    HPT VCM Suite tuned
    Custom SRI
    Tuned
    13.701 @ 103 Mph
    Best 1/4 mile Stock
    14.295 @ 102 Mph

02 TURBO Cavy 2200
    Finished
    Times coming soon

Advanced Tuner
    I Have all the Stage file tuning for the 2.0L ecotec SC's.

If you are interested in having the Stage 2 file, all you have to do is PM me and we can email.