Thread: Need Help and Advice Please

Need Help and Advice Please

02 Silverado with 6.2 TSP stage 2 LS3 cam, Holley Sniper TB, Reluctor wheel changed from 58 to 24 tooth and IAC unhooked,built 4l80 with Circle D 3200 stall. It is speed density tuned. I have been trying lately to get the AFR dialed in. The truck has been running fine but today on the way to work I stopped at red light and it started idling rough. RPM surging bad like it was going to stall. If I put it in Park it would smooth out. I had my laptop with me so I did a short scan when I got to work. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Tuner
    If you're having idle issue I recommend you log Idle desire airflow, Idle base pn airflow, Idle adapt airflow, Idle air control position. It will help narrow down your issue. I would assume it might need more base idle airflow. What steps did you take to tune the idle?

Thank you. I had the truck tuned locally. The IAC is unplugged and the idling has been fine up until today. I have been working on trying to get VE table dialed in. I will log the airflow tables you mentioned to see if I can get more useful info. Thanks again

I am . Using MAF sensor or IAC so not going to be able to get any of the airflow tables you mentioned.

Advanced Tuner
    Why is your iac unplugged?, that?s not going to work at all.

Senior Tuner
    There's not enough info there to determine what the problem is.
    You might look at individual cyl misfires and see if that gives you any clues.
    If they are disabled in your tune, then just use a temp gun to check each header tube.
    If you have any cold tubes, those are the problem areas.

Thanks kevin87turbot. Looking at the scan again I agree. Was logging more info but not sure what I have done and why it is not all showing up. I will try and get more useful info.
    To answer your question will15 the reason I unplugged my IAC is that after my truck was tuned and warmed up the idle would start to climb up to 1500 rpm or better so I unplugged it and the idle would stay closer to target idle speed so I left it unplugged and just went from there. Chalked it up to the Holley IAC. Been contemplating on buying a Nick Williams TB that I believe uses a factory IAC because I was not having any luck trying to set up the holley IAC.