Thread: Throttle position sensor reading (v) but no throttle position %

Tuner in Training

Question Throttle position sensor reading (v) but no throttle position %

6.0LS from 2001 Sierra 0411 red/blue PCM. stock truck file with 2 bar speed density modification, otherwise stock at this point. When I use the scanner to read TPS volts I see .47 closed and 4.49 WOT. However the throttle TPS % stays at 0%. Any ideas? I'll attach the stock file and my current version.ElCaminoStockfile.hptElCaminoStocktunefileSDmod1.hpt

Still using the drive by wire throttle body right?

What channel is the scanner running? The SAE channel or another?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    This setup is drive by cable. The original intake had a drive by cable throttle body and I have what I thought was the original PCM. Do you see otherwise in the file? I've tried all the channels for TPS%, none of them show anything.

Yeah, the system options show that this computer has a "1" next to the GMT-800 with "ETC" or electronic throttle.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Yeah, the system options show that this computer has a "1" next to the GMT-800 with "ETC" or electronic throttle.
    Ahhh ok. So I'm a little green on this.. only tuned some 2001 LS1s before. What do I need to do in the pcm to properly convert to DBC? thx

Tuner in Training
    Maybe just change the platform type to f-body?

Tuner in Training
    yeehaw. Just changed the system option for the ECT to 0 and wrote the cal. I have TPS% now in the scanner. On to the next hurdle. Thx for a point in the right direction.

Potential Tuner
    I know this is an old thread, but believe I am having the same issue. Where did you find the system options and the ETC?

Potential Tuner
    Thank you! I was really confused until I realized I was in "basic" view...