Thread: '98 c5 vette ,new int+t/body,overrev start

Potential Tuner

Question '98 c5 vette ,new int+t/body,overrev start

hi,i am an amateur tuner,but long time mechanic.i have a '98 c5 corvette with a bone stock ls1 long block.the mods i have done are as follows:i have installed a vortex ram air system from breathless performance,that worked well.then i installed a f.a.s.t. intake manifold(90mm)+a 90mm t.p.i.s. throttle body+along with that i also installed new bosch platinum 4 spark plugs+accel high output spark plug wires.this is when i ran into problems.the throttle body is electronically controlled+now on start up the engine revs to the moon until the computer sets off the code p1514+makes the engine go into manufactures controled vehicle idle(stutter mode).i have no clue what perameter to adjust to correct this problem,tps?,air/fuel?,both?.in the meantime i have also installed l.g.motorsports pro long tube headers without cats+o2 sims installed,3" x-pipe+tubing into slp's loudmouth exhaust with baffles installed after straight pipes.any help would be very much appreciated.i can't wait to take this thing for a rip!

I would look at Base Running Airflow and IAC airflow values. Drop the IAC airflow by 50% to start and base Running Airflow by 20% to ballpark it.

Also record the ETC Throttle % as well as TPS% and see if they match pretty closely as you open & close the throttle (engine off preferred... )

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!