Thread: 2004 6.0 lq4 swap to a 2006 5.3 flex fuel truck?

Tuner in Training

2004 6.0 lq4 swap to a 2006 5.3 flex fuel truck?

My thought is too keep the flex fuel injectors and fuel system for a future 4psi boost project.
    My question is what to use for a base tune as the 6.0 is not a flex fuel. My thought is to use the original +10 percent should get me close for a baseline. Any advice for timing or other tables to copy?

Even with flex fuel injector, supporting boost is questionable. It'll be pretty close to their max unless you are able to get away with 11.8-12.0 air fuel with such low boost. Not even sure what would only allow 4psi of boost. Most centri kits or screw blowers are 6-8psi right out of the box.

It would cost less than $150 to get some 50lb/hr injectors from a newer flex fuel vehicle to really be set on fueling if 6-8psi is the real game plan.

Don't over think some of this stuff either. If you plan to swap a 6.0 into it, just copy over stock 6.0 values. So a stock 6.0 MAF/VE table, stock 6.0 timing etc etc.

No guessing with fueling, it needs to be correct. Get a 2 bar MAP sensor to log boost, go ahead and go with a 2 bar OS to control fueling above 100kpa in the VE.

The MAF may do it still but if you can use the VE, you may as well take advantage of that. Use a wideband to dial everything thing.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply.
    I plan on using the 5.3 in the other truck also, so I guess I will upgrade the fuel system when I do the turbo.
    Right now I just want to swap the 2 motors.
    If the 5.3 wasn't flex fuel injectors I would just swap all the tables. I believe the flex fuel in the 06 is returnless also.
    I may just leave it at the stock 6.0 I will be towing quite often, will never see a drag strip and i have seen a few builds that use little boost with good results.
    I will copy ignition tables but tune fuel in each truck. I have a wideband installed already and log though the EGR pin if the ECM.
    Again, thanks for the reply.