Thread: Reduce engine power when coming into boost

Tuner in Training

Reduce engine power when coming into boost

the second i start to come into boost it goes into reduce engine power. any help would be appreciated
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dennyp20121; 04-12-2019 at 06:27 PM.

REP always tosses a code, you can read the DTC's when it happens to see what the cause is.

A guess is that it's the P1514/P0068 code, you will need to max out that table to prevent REP on alot of applications.

You're also not logging nearly enough things. You need injector data, timing, knock retard, intake/coolant temps etc etc so you can see what's going on. You are also logging the wrong MAP sensor channel so you can't see boost. Remove the 1 bar channel and replace it with the 3 bar MAP channel. Make sure the linear and offset data matches the sensor you purchased.

Also because you disabled TM on the engine side you need to set the enable torque for PE down to 50%. Then set up the rest of your power enrichment and boost enrichment tables. Blowing up an engine because you didn't do something won't be a good idea. I had no idea what fuel you are running and what amount of boost but only asking for 12.3 AFR is probably a little lean for something like this.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 04-13-2019 at 11:35 AM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    okay i made the changes and REP did not come on. but for some reason now my afr error histogram is only reading at the 30kpa range and no where else. just trying to get the part throttle tuned before i go to the boost side

5.3, 7878 turbo, ss2 cam, 93 octane, low boost...about 8psi, efi source 3 bar map.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Never mind figured it out. Thanks for all the help its greatly appreciated

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dennyp20121 View Post
    okay i made the changes and REP did not come on. but for some reason now my afr error histogram is only reading at the 30kpa range and no where else. just trying to get the part throttle tuned before i go to the boost side

5.3, 7878 turbo, ss2 cam, 93 octane, low boost...about 8psi, efi source 3 bar map.
    Hey what did you max out? Im having a similar issue with my cars going into REP when I hit boost.

Quote Originally Posted by 240Lyon View Post
    Hey what did you max out? Im having a similar issue with my cars going into REP when I hit boost.
    You have a Gen 4, the ETC stuff is completely different.