Thread: Blown z06 weird issue

Advanced Tuner
    Also what injectors are you running?

Advanced Tuner
    I would start here and go log LTFT get good data and build your VE table

DW 200lb

Advanced Tuner
    your injector data is not correct for DW 200

If you look at the data doesn't really correlate with strat. I did notice i can make the short pulse table work along with offset

the min pulse was scaled down

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Stangguy View Post
    the min pulse was scaled down

you don't scale that, that just states what the injector can physically do. I understand its not direct drop in data but there are data points that match up with yours and you will have to interpolate the missing parts. The data is significantly different then what you have.

Hard to interpolate data that goes to 80kpa and needs to go to 180kpa

Advanced Tuner
    updated with injector data

Im just trying to help, you are having a fueling issue lets fix things that we know are wrong. your tune is very similar to mine, I have a YSI with 1700s scaled like yours and I have no issues

Thanks bud.

Advanced Tuner
    where is your stock file for injector data?

is this dead head or boost referenced return style system?

I would unplug the MAF if you're going SD. early E38 can be a real pig with big injectors.

halve IFR and double stoich. if you're on pure E85 I have left stoich stock values before. but that's no good for flex fuel. the VE table values are so crucial. the PCM knows when you're trying to trick it. too broader range, too smaller numbers or too big and it will be a pig and do weird things. copy the data into DOD table too

its a full flow through return with boost ref. I've tried what Zinc was so kind to build and redid VE tables and even fattened it up a bunch to see if it made a difference. It didn't. I tried to double stoich and half the IVT, but kinda of ran like crap even after reajusting VE. DIdn't seem to like it. With a Min pulse width set at .72 it doesn't idle right as it's at min pulse width and still rich. Bringing down the min pulse width it works. It just so weird that on the dyno it doesn't do it. Only street. Is there some weird traction control on these things that can still kick in even if T/C is off?

Advanced Tuner
    I would be starting from scratch personally.

stock file, apply the 2 bar OS, halve the IVT terms and write entire.

I have had success before leaving stoich at 14.68 with E85 and max the IFR table out.

then build your VE table so idle numbers are around 1200-1500 ish and WOT on boost no more than 3000. if your AFR is still off with that range in the VE table multiply stoich by the required percentage to meet your target AFRs with the same VE table values. then clean it up.

copy data to all 3 VE tables

set maf fail hz high to 0 and low to 10.

set max ECT for P0101, P0106, P0121 tests to 0 so they don't run.

the bog or surge can sometimes be the PCM looking for the MAF if it hasn't correctly failed