Thread: Codes U1000/U1016???

Question Codes U1000/U1016???

So I got codes U1000 and U1016 on my 02 camaro but I don't understand why.... U1000 is set to error mode 3 and SES is disabled but it still comes in also U1016 isn't even in my list to disable... I'm not sure what they are the just say loss of class 2 communications with VCM. Also I think these cause the Service vehicle light I have on right now but I'm not sure. The nly other DTC I get are jst a few incompletes on the scanner like the catylst/heater and the evap system. Any insite into this silly little light would be greatly apreciated.

While i dont know the whole story behind U1016. But i do know that multiple vehicle modules can set that code.

I've noticed that i get about 8 U1016 codes immediatly after flashing the PCM. Which makes sense since the PCM is taken off of the data bus during the write operation.

So probably the U1016 you are seeing is probably your EBCM or BCM computers setting the code. And unless your vehicle is acting very strangly, i wouldnt worry about those at all...
    Warning: User exhibits tendency to use offensive amount of smileys...
    2003 GMC Denali XL
    HPTuners MVPI Pro | LC-1 Wideband | 1 Bar Speed Density OS | MAF Delete | Corsa Sport Exhaust | Flex-A-Lite 282 E-Fans | Nelson Harness | K&N FIPK | SSBC Truck-Force 10 Calipers | Brembo OE Sized Cross-Drilled Discs | NGK TR55's

Yeah, U codes are communications related. V 2.1.12 reports all module codes. The next revision will have a much more robust DTC classification system so you know what codes are important and which are: *I didn't get any communications from module *x* the last time so I'm setting a code*

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    It’s really great posts.