Thread: TPS % throttle body and torque management

TPS % throttle body and torque management

I got a lsx conversion 1975 car, with a 2013 6.2L E38pcm.
    The transmission was OS swapped for a T42 A4 unit with a 4l80e transmission(by another shop).
    Problem is sometimes if you floor it, the tps % won't go WOT sometimes and the tps% chart line will be wavy and timing pulled intermitently and then eventually will go to 83.9%. I deleted all tq management transmission side. I logged "etc torque management type" and when the tq management(timing -15) occurs it reads "trans". Not sure what trans tq management table I missed?

Could the ECM be activating the fast torque exit which I thought was a an A6 function but the tcm os is for a 4l80e?

Or maybe I missed some tq management. I am human.

Another side note: When you turn the key on the tps% reads 30.2%, when you press the pedal to the floor, it reads 83.9%(normal), but when you release it goes back to 18.8% tps. Then if you press the pedal to the floor again, 83.9% tps, then release, it will go to 30.2% tps and hop back and forth from 18.8 to 30.2%.

Sometimes you drive it and go WOT no problem, no tq managment 83.9%. Then sometimes tq management trans type.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by POWERZONE; 03-04-2019 at 11:55 AM.
    POWERZONE- AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE AND TUNING SOLUTIONS
    STREET TUNING/DYNO TUNING/TRACK TUNING/REMOTE TUNING/EMAIL TUNING
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by POWERZONE View Post

Another side note: When you turn the key on the tps% reads 30.2%, when you press the pedal to the floor, it reads 83.9%(normal), but when you release it goes back to 18.8% tps. Then if you press the pedal to the floor again, 83.9% tps, then release, it will go to 30.2% tps and hop back and forth from 18.8 to 30.2%.

Sometimes you drive it and go WOT no problem, no tq managment 83.9%. Then sometimes tq management trans type.
    I'm have a similar problem, Gen 4 5.3 with an E38, and a 4l65 with a T42. Trying to get the trans shifting correct, and also noticed the odd tps readings. I'm also getting a closed throttle tps reading in the 28-30% range and also the WOT reading is in the same 83% range. wondering if this is part of my shifting problems.