Thread: wide band options

wide band options

who ya use innovative lm1 or what? just would like a rpm/sniffer conn set-up.any other ideas?

I use the FJO Racing wideband with the HP Tuners enhanced I/O. The scanner has the FJO wideband already set up. Then the AFR histograms will work. Don't waste your time trying to tune the AFR with a stand alone wideband. Ask me how I know.

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    i am also interested in this, i am in need of a wideband and do not know at all what i am looking for and what i have to do to HPT to make it work. i am also on a budget as i am a poor college student.
    2008 Denali XL AWD LSA Blower
    2010 CTS-V
    2005 LLY Duramax SAS
    2015 Denali

Advanced Tuner
    I got my AEM wideband from Nelson Performance and it works great. Paid $289 for it. Very easy to hook up and a very portable unit.

Chris
    2009 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L, stock.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I bought my LM1 a couple of years ago, works great, very portable. Simple 2 wire hookup to the mpvi pro
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Check HERE as well.
    Always Support Our Troops!

(Russ Kemp) Ask me how I know..

so how is it that u know. i just ordered a stand alone WB. should i cancle my order and think otherwise. its gonna be for a perminate install. any help appreciated not to waste money. uncle sam dont pay me well enough for that.
    98 Z28m6,ramVDS,lakewood LCA,sphon SFC,NOS 125shot,HPtuned LQ4.045milled heads,224/228 581/588 comp cam,fast toys lid,ported 85maf,ls6 intake,long tubes with custom exhaust

With the enhanced I/O, the AFR is then displayed on the scanner. Then you can use the AFR error % histogram and copy this error % to either the VE or MAF table. A stand alone WB also costs more because of the extra software & cables
    that are not needed is you get the enhanced I/O.

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    If I had to do it again I wouldn't get the LC-1. Just my opinion.
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePiss
    If I had to do it again I wouldn't get the LC-1. Just my opinion.
    This post would have been soooo much more valuable with a little explanation.

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry, I'll explain. I had horrible luck with the LC-1. Everyone will say its my fault blah blah blah, the guts are the same as the LM-1 etc. I went through 2 LC-1's and spent tons of time, email, and money confiring with their tech(can't think of his name now, Philipe?). I did everything he asked and I hooked it up the way he asked. 2 of them still died on me. I wasted 6 months trying to get it to work. Finally they allowed me to apply the money toward an LM-1 and I have had zero troubles. Search for the poll over on Ls1tech.com about the reliability of the LC-1. Again, from what I hear the LM-1 has the same guts but everyone I know that has one, had the LC-1 first and had problems with it. At one time the LC-1 was 40%+ failure rate.

FLAME SUIT ON
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]