Thread: under boost timing is going negative please help

Advanced Tuner

under boost timing is going negative please help

I am running a 05 4.8L in my 55 I just switched to a bigger turbo and went ahead and changed stock cam out also. I went and did little driving today and made a couple test hits. But in my test hit for some reason right after it shifts to 2 the timing is dropped way down even into the negative numbers. I thought I had it figured out and noticed I was going over the cylinder airmass 1.20 on the chart and figured that was the problem. So started searching to figure out how to re scale it which I aint figured out. But during my searching everything I read said timing is supposed to follow what is in 1.20 so figured I need some help. Here is my current tune and log showing the negative.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Your min spark advance is -10 to -15 degrees, so it is allowed to go that low. It's pretty normal to have the timing dip on the shift like that, helps save the transmission with TM/abuse. If you want it to dip less, set the minimum advance to 0 degrees of timing.

Don't forget to disable COT if you aren't running a cat, you don't want that to change the AFR on you.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks
    I have changed and uploaded changes to car know just need some better weather to go try it again.