Thread: Idle O2 Sensors after header install......

Tuner in Training

Idle O2 Sensors after header install......

I finished installing some Kooks and Vararam on a 2006 C6 MN6. Since its raining I can only capture idle logs.

What I saw was the B2S1 O2 had a reasonable flat top but the B1S1 O2 is very choppy. Very clearly a difference between the two. I went back to a stock log I had and the same choppy O2 sensor is choppy in the stock configuration but not as different as the flat looking O2.

I was thinking a leak but the B1 and B2 injector time is basically the same +/- 0.1mSec. However, B2S1 O2 voltage is slightly higher by about 20 to 30 mV. The stock log shows the the two level basically the same of B2S1 slightly higher. I am guessing this may be the measure tolerance of the two O2s. Is this reasonable?

There are no codes being thrown.

Just starting to gather info for tuning. So want to start off with a good/clean system to start from. I know leaks can be problem. There are no visible signs of a leak at this time.

One last thing. From idle and reving to 5000rpm, I sound a obivous stumble off idle and the MAF takes a dump before starting to climb. Seems like its needing more fuel off idle. Am I interpreting this correctly?

TIA,

Rob

You'll have to look at (or post!) you log here and I have no doubt you will get all the help (and more) that you need.

Only place I can think of for a leak with Kooks is at the merge in the collector and that is usually *not* the case with Kooks.

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    Thanks!

Attached is a log file that illustrates what I am trying to describe.

TIA,

Rob

Tuner in Training
    This is the config file if that helps.....

Tuner in Training
    Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

On vacation... I'll look over your log when I get back to my laptop unless someone else jumps in here...
    Always Support Our Troops!