Thread: Idle is too rich with 90 lbs DW injectors.

Tuner in Training

Idle is too rich with 90 lbs DW injectors.

I'm chasing that issue for quite a while now, its a healthy LSA with LS9 cam and 2.55 upper pulley, car drives so good except the rich idle. It idles at about 12.5. I'm attaching a log and a tune file.

The injectors are DW (16U-00-0090-8) 90 lbs which I bought new.

Can you please have alook and tell me whats makes the rich idle?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Odd that your fuel trims don't seem to match what your wideband reads. It's commanding stoich in closed loop but the short term trims are only pulling 5-6% and not something like 20-30% if it was running in the 12's.

Is fuel pressure really high at idle?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    The fuel pressure is regulated by a boost referenced regulator, its about 50 psi with vacuum connected (60 psi without it).

Tuner in Training
    Your minimum injector pulse width is at .727, try setting it lower to .400.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwilliams View Post
    Your minimum injector pulse width is at .727, try setting it lower to .400.
    I lowered the minimum pw to .400, that made it leaner but when I blip the gas it would rise the rpm and then drop too much and most of the times it will stall. I then tried setting it to .600 and it was a bit better but it still drops the rpm when I blip the gas. I have inculded two log files for each pw setting.

Tuner in Training
    Those logs are all over the place, I'm seeing 02 reading all over the board something is way wrong. you need to enter the correct injector offsets, injector data provided doesn't match tune.
    Last edited by Jwilliams; 02-03-2019 at 05:14 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Those logs are all over the place, I'm seeing 02 reading all over the board something is way wrong. you need to enter the correct injector offsets, injector data provided doesn't match tune.
    I checked the the injector offset data and it matches the data provided by DW exactly. I'm still don't know exactly whats happening here!

Might try to go through the Idle Tuning thread and see if that may shed some light on it.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...e-tuning-guide
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Couldn't you just add some fuel to the lower portion of the map?

I meant subtract fuel. sorry.

Tuner in Training
    Your offset is incorrect, your flow is correct, your short pulse adder is incorrect, the min injection pulse deatsch werks recommended is wrong. Maybe you're looking at different injector data than the file you provided? Idk bud...
    Last edited by Jwilliams; 02-04-2019 at 06:37 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Do you have a log of driving around? It would help to see what the wideband and o2 data look like during other driving, I think.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
    Do you have a log of driving around? It would help to see what the wideband and o2 data look like during other driving, I think.
    Here I am attaching a driving log. please let me know what you think maybe wrong. Thanks!

Potential Tuner
    Your offset is incorrect, your flow is correct, your short pulse adder is incorrect, the min injection pulse deatsch werks recommended is wrong. Maybe you're looking at different injector data than the file you provided? Idk bud...
    do you have the correct info. the data they supply on there website doesn't seem to have the e38 data in it.
    thanks

Since you have a boost referenced regulator---I'm guessing that is a return system? If so, your IFR chart is not correct either. Your rpm dropping when you blip the gas is a mix of base running airflow and over and under spark. Your over and under has a 54 degree difference. Maybe tighten that up to 16. Your computer says it is a E67, not E38 like Daft posted.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8