Thread: 08 TBSS - E67 ECM - Tuning for Boost

Tuner in Training

08 TBSS - E67 ECM - Tuning for Boost

Hello,

I've only tuned NA vehicles on the E67 ECM's. My understanding is that I could patch the OS to allow a 2bar MAP but i'm not seeing the ability to do so.

This appears to be an ability on the 07 E67 ECM but not this one ?

Thoughts ?

Thanks to all.

If the OS upgrade is not there, you can't do it on that computer/OS.

You can extend the VVE editor to support 2 bar or 3 bar and still be able to tune for boost if you wish while using a MAF sensor still.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    If the OS upgrade is not there, you can't do it on that computer/OS.

You can extend the VVE editor to support 2 bar or 3 bar and still be able to tune for boost if you wish while using a MAF sensor still.
    5FDP, thanks for the reply.

While trying to figure out what you mean, I've come to the assumption you are meaning that I can actually edit the row axis on the VVE table and extend the KPA to 2 bar.

is this what you mean ? Otherwise the KPA stops at 105.

Thanks.

Senior Tuner
    click on the side of the vve table row and u should get a pop up to choose a bigger map scale

Tuner in Training
    Awesome, thank you very much.

I do have another question, while in boost, if the vehicle was exceeding its max MAF frequency (15000hz) in this case. Could still use the VVE table to adjust fuel or would the ECM use the last fueling from the MAF sensor only ?

Or should I just run speed density only ?

Increase the tube size the MAF sits in and you will gain back resolution so you can keep the MAF. This would require a card style MAF though.

Alot of aftermarket intake for vehicles like the CTS-V will have like 4in intake and 5in intake tubes so they can keep using the MAF at high horsepower levels.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Increase the tube size the MAF sits in and you will gain back resolution so you can keep the MAF. This would require a card style MAF though.

Alot of aftermarket intake for vehicles like the CTS-V will have like 4in intake and 5in intake tubes so they can keep using the MAF at high horsepower levels.
    Thanks for your time.