Thread: Rich after flash turns into lean after flash??

Question Rich after flash turns into lean after flash??

I really getting annoyed with this rich after flash deal. I tried the "fix" by zeroing the inj. tip temp. Table.... Only planned to use that while tuning, then return to stock afterwards.

Problem is now instead of rich after flash (- STFT) I now notice lean after flash (+ STFT) until the injector tip temp settles back down to normal range. What gives? Is there an other table I'm overlooking?

Will the custom OS for the e38 still have this issue?

Advanced Tuner
    What is this issue? I have a 2008 Silverado 2500HD that is super rich after flashing fan settings in.

Senior Tuner
    as we have found it is not good to zero out that table it creates the issue u have now, it has the be adjusted properly to suit your setup as its a temp offset for the injectors, do u have bigger then standard injectors fitted ?

Stock injectors still. I'll set these tables back to stock then since I have to wait/drive the car for injector temps to settle in anyways.
    Such a waste of time though there has to be some fix to this at least for tuning purposes.

Does the Custom OS still have this issue? Thanks for your input.

'm relatively new to this platform so I just recently found out about this and still learning more about it. Search rich after flash. As I said before I thought the temporary fix for this was to zero out that table but it just causes the opposite.. lean after flash.

I have experienced this on GEN4s several times and read about it; tried this and that. What I ended up doing is just giving it enough time to stabilize injector and valve temps...which does not just mean idling. I usually don't get solid numbers until a few minutes at speed. It seems to me that the temperature of the intake valves has to stabilize. Then I clear ltft and drive. Maybe there is more to it than that or maybe there is a shorter cut...but this is what I ended up with.

Yea, that's what I've been having to do as well. Make a quick change in the tune and have to drive the car about 10-15 minutes before I can even see if I'm making progress with the tune. Going WOT does make it faster but still seems like a huge waste of time/gas just to be able to datalog and get accurate info.

Senior Tuner
    in basic terms let it hot start and see where it all reads and adjust up or down slowly until it removes the too rich issue in the temp range its in but just make sure u stay on the slightly richer side
    here is the proper way to get that table set up right
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ip-Temperature

Tune the injector tables.......... pure wide-band only........ It's mostly just the injector tip offset cross with a few extra tables to over compensate.... all injector and tip temp related.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I have some more reading to do. I will tune the injector tables to see if that helps. I'm also reading about eoit so whenever I feel confident enough to take this on, I would do the injector timing first then injector temps offsets right? I have an LS9 cam in an LS3 so would looking at the ls9 eoit tables help me in any way?

Car feels really good with the tune I have on it now (MAF only) exept for some more dfco tuning I have to do so I'm going to take some time to read up on all of this injector tuning because honestly, it's starting to feel like its a bit over my head at times lol. I started with O2 P&I tuning and finally gave up on that so hopefully this goes better haha. Thanks again.