Thread: Faulty map sensor?

Faulty map sensor?

So my car has no codes and it is a new built 440ci engine with a decent cam. motor and was broken in on engine dyno first.

Map sensor was put on by the shop and they used a sensor from a Z28 7.0L Camaro according to part number. My car is an 07 Z06
    Max kpa where I live is 99kpa as shows by baro app on phone. Also previous stock block H/C/I combo would show 98-100kpa at wot depending on weather and exactly where I was driving.
    Right now it is showing no more than 84kpa key on engine off. Idle kpa is around 56ish but I did advance EOIT ECT table by 15deg to see if rich idle smell cleared up at all.

I unplugged the MAP and turned power on and checked voltage at the prong inside the plug with multimeter and saw 4.98v.

Is it just that the MAP sensor is for a different ECU causing it?
    I can't see a vacuum leak or anything engine related being the issue since it reads low with Key on engine off. I took the sensor out to see if was damaged or blocked up and it looked fine. IT read 84kpa just sitting in the open air as well.

I just do not know if anything in the tune could have been altered to cause the kpa to read differently.
    Car runs fine otherwise but does have some surging under 2000rpm when cruising.
    Last edited by twistedpixels; 12-20-2018 at 07:22 PM.

Could be the incorrect linear and offset settings for that sensor. Verify what the settings need to be for that sensor. If they are different, input those values and see if the readings change in the scanner.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Could be the incorrect linear and offset settings for that sensor. Verify what the settings need to be for that sensor. If they are different, input those values and see if the readings change in the scanner.
    You are saying that particular sensor for the camaro may have different settings needed in the tune file or scanner? I never changed anything in the scanner software as far as sensor PID settings though. I even went back to the old version 2.24 scanner and it still reads wrong.

In the tune file under Airflow>General the Map parameters are set to min 10 and max 105 and characteristics are stock values as well.
    Last edited by twistedpixels; 12-20-2018 at 08:22 PM.

Tune file.

Later year sensors have much different settings than earlier sensors. 128.20 linear and -0.30 offset are very common on sensors past like 2009-2010+. But again, double check what the settings need to be, you can look up a stock 7.0 camaro file if you need to using the tune repository.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tune file.

Later year sensors have much different settings than earlier sensors. 128.20 linear and -0.30 offset are very common on sensors past like 2009-2010+. But again, double check what the settings need to be, you can look up a stock 7.0 camaro file if you need to using the tune repository.
    You know I can no longer access the repository after they changed the website and log in details. I emailed them and never heard back. So I cant access a stock Z28 7.0l file unfortunately.

Yes you can.

Everybody had that problem. You must create a new profile, then re-sync/re-add your device back into your account and it will be like nothing happened. Wouldn't surprise me if they don't get back to some because this has been covered on the forum many times.

Yes you can.

Everybody had that problem. You must create a new profile, then re-sync/re-add your device back into your account and it will be like nothing happened. Wouldn't surprise me if they don't get back to some because this has been covered on the forum many times.
    Unfortunately I am using my friends cable and he tried to redo it and it didnt work for some reason. He set his up more than 10 years ago and used an email that is no longer active and cant access it when he tried to re-register. I am pretty sure I cant register his cable under a different account now I would think.