Thread: Surging and timing pull under wot

Tuner in Training

Question Surging and timing pull under wot

Need a little assistance if anyone can help. i've got my truck to idle good and it drives fair but on a cold start it surges and might cut off, it sometimes surges when i'm driving and coming up to a stop. on WOT it pulls timing and will put timing back in after a few seconds. i'm chasing it constantly but i'm apparently missing something or overlooking it. any help is greatly appreciated and credited. Thanks in advance

vehicle is an 07 trailblazer SS 6.0

CAI, holley hi-rise intake, ported and polished MAF & TB, 243 heads ported and polished,
    235/240 .629"/.615" 114LSA cam, stock injectors, built 4L70 with 4000stall and 4.10 gears

Attachment 84884
    Attachment 84885
    Attachment 84886
    18-11-18 22-52-54.hpl
    hi rise log.hpl

Senior Tuner
    Start by returning all of your "Abuse Mode" trans tables back to stock, to help with the random timing pulls, and fix your "Startup Idle" tables. Then see where you are after that.
    Jaime

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    Start by returning all of your "Abuse Mode" trans tables back to stock, to help with the random timing pulls, and fix your "Startup Idle" tables. Then see where you are after that.
    ok ill give that a shot and see what I get. it'll be after 6 today before I can make changes and log everything. ill post that log tonight. thank you for your advice

Tuner in Training
    made some changes in the tune and helped the idle some. but still having the timing issue under WOT

07 tbss hi-rise log.hpl
    07 tbss brandon cam tune test file.hpt