Thread: Issues with CTSV post Whipple 2.9L upgrade

Potential Tuner

Issues with CTSV post Whipple 2.9L upgrade

Hi everyone, this is my first post in the group, so hopefully I explain well enough that someone can help me. I recently changed my LT4's Eaton supercharger to a Whipple supercharger and have had issues since. Immediately after the upgrade I was running extremely lean (like +40 on STFT). I tried the tune Whipple gave me (they said they have never tuned a CTS-V Gen3), but it was running really lean also, so I took it into a local tuner and he added some additional fuel and a couple other changes. The car still takes off really slow and acts extremely erratic; shifting is rough, power is low, etc. I took off the SC and verified all the gaskets, connections, etc and still not running well.

I am not sure what else to do, could it be a sensor? Here is a graph taking of lightly. The car hesitates then jerks with power. I am about ready to take this off and put my original one on so I don't damage my engine; of course Whipple didn't include any connections and had to cut my OEM ones so I will have to buy new ones.

Thanks for anyone who can help.

2016_CTSV.png

If your current intake has larger diameter than the stock one this could be the cause
    the MAF will read in lower cells than normal so the car should be fully re tuned for that

There is more than just afr and spark lead on these cars.....have your guy change the torque model appropriately also.

I?ve doen a few of these with 2.9s if I can help let me know

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I have the stock throttle body, so that is not it.

I will read up on the torque settings and see if I can make some changes. I plan on trying to learn direct inject tunes and then take it back to the dyno. I have tuned my Silverado and Yukon Denali but they are port injected.

I will read up and send you a message Ben.