Thread: ctsv dying when cold with any throttle input

ctsv dying when cold with any throttle input

I'm helping a friend with his ctsv, this car was originally a weapon X 850hp car. someone has changed things before my friend bought it. I've gotten rid of all surging and the car drives wonderfully after it's warmed up. If you don't idle the car until fully warmed up any throttle input will cause popping and car will usually die. I've worked some base airflow and idle timing to make it act normal faster but still does it upon startup. Any inputs on transit fueling or am I missing something super easy? I'm kinda lost and getting frustrated

car is scaled for maf for the 1050 injectors
    headers 2in catless
    5in intake
    nw 102 tb
    3in exhaust x pipe
    ported heads
    ported supercharger
    24x,24x .61x .62x lift. I don't remember exact cam specs but can find them if it would help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2005 gto m6
    kooks signature headers
    awespeed intake

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by johnperks View Post
    I'm helping a friend with his ctsv, this car was originally a weapon X 850hp car. someone has changed things before my friend bought it. I've gotten rid of all surging and the car drives wonderfully after it's warmed up. If you don't idle the car until fully warmed up any throttle input will cause popping and car will usually die. I've worked some base airflow and idle timing to make it act normal faster but still does it upon startup. Any inputs on transit fueling or am I missing something super easy? I'm kinda lost and getting frustrated

car is scaled for maf for the 1050 injectors
    headers 2in catless
    5in intake
    nw 102 tb
    3in exhaust x pipe
    ported heads
    ported supercharger
    24x,24x .61x .62x lift. I don't remember exact cam specs but can find them if it would help.

Something quick to try IMO would be Injection timing back to stockish (Normal ECT) . That can cause some really weird engine opertion
    Also maybe Soften the idle adaptive overspeed

No need to change the ECT injector timing. Also you can run the 1050x's without scaling. You would need a injector delta of 70psi before needing scaling. If you stay with the scaling you need to scale the IVT Terms (and Fuel Density to keep the MPG gauge inline).

Tuner in Training
    I used to do the same thing with scaling the 1050x's because i never liked having columns maxed out. Eventually learned enough to realize that it wasn't necessary. Anyways, back when I did scale em I always had to correct the IVT gains to get it to act proper during open loop situations. If thisis an auto car, you'd be better off having the tune not scaled

I have said tis ah thousand times if you tune maf only it wont run worth a damn cold PERIOD!!!!!! If you want a real tune and including the other many faults w this lsa tune corrected pm me. Other wise if you want a shortcut please dont waste our time. You want a real tune get ready with a wideband and more than just 6-10 pulls to make a tune. I run the EXACT injectors and 2 "protuners" couldnt match what i can do. Now I dont say power is off but if you want a 100 percent drive like factory car this is a TOTALLY different level

I guess i need to clarify this is how file was sent to me from weapon x. He has previously paid a well "known/reputable" ctsv guy good money and he stopped replying after 3 logs. I reached out to weapon x and they've been helpful and sent me their original file. Trans had a shutter and was running a little fat so i made minor tweaks.

I'll be first to admit this is most radical car Ive helped with, I've questioned maf only on a boosted car.

I'll pull data and input for original injector data and turn blended airflow back in to see how it does.

Just FYI I run MAF only and have no problems, But you have a cam and the preferred method with a cam is blended VVE and MAF. Definitely get the data from ID and redo the injector data and see what happens.

Advanced Tuner
    Ran MAF only on my car for years and it ran perfectly so I have to disagree that maf only cant work. I didn't look at the tune yet but will when I have a bit of time later.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000