Thread: Custom OS For 2009 Silverado E38 VCM

Advanced Tuner

Custom OS For 2009 Silverado E38 VCM

Hello,
    I'm hearing you can run a custom OS on my truck to replace the VVE table with the old style VE tables. Is this true and if so, how would I do this? I went to OS in my tune and I didn't see anything there to do this. Just four options and none of them replaced the VVE.
    Is there something else I have to do first? I've tried tunning the VVE for a while now and have a hard time getting it right. I'd like to go back to older style VE. I never really had problems with it.

Thank you

If your computer shows nothing in the OS tab for an OS upgrade you can not do the upgrade. (assuming you are in advanced view)

Only a few operating systems offer that feature. I mainly see it on 2012-2013 trucks being the most popular, not sure which ones have it from 07-09 and I rarely saw them or never on 2010-2011 trucks.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you. Guess I can't :-(. Would you happen to know what the patch called "Speed Density Air Mode Patch" does? If I use it do I have to write entire?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by momotunes View Post
    Thank you. Guess I can't :-(. Would you happen to know what the patch called "Speed Density Air Mode Patch" does? If I use it do I have to write entire?
    I believe this is for allowing proper SD function. sometimes the Gen4 stuff acts weird with the MAF failed. You would have to write entire..

Don't be afraid to use a card style MAF in a boosted gen4 application. They work great.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning