Thread: New to tuning, cammed ls1 help

Tuner in Training

New to tuning, cammed ls1 help

The car was tuned by someone else before on junk injectors and the AFRs was good, now I put 48lb injectors and inputed the new data, and now its a little rich in PE and decel, and lean at part throttle and at idle sometimes. looking for help on how to fix it. Go easy on me, still trying to figure this tuning stuff out.

USE THIS ONE 48LBS.hpt

new injectors.hpl

Simplest way to put it, tune the airflow model.

Looks like it's a speed density setup from the logs. So you need to correct the VE table. The VE is what control fueling in simple terms. The more you add to the VE the richer it gets and the more you take away the leaner it gets. Doing it blindly will not be the way to go about this.

Invest in a wideband o2 sensor so you can create a wideband error against the commanded AFR/lambda value to fix the airflow model. The tune has to be setup for tuning with the wideband as well, meaning no closed loop, no fuel trims, no computer corrections so the error against the commanded can be found, then you copy/paste the corrections into the tune little by little.

Per the log it's kinda rich everywhere because the fuel trims are pulling fuel (negative numbers).
    Last edited by 5FDP; 10-08-2018 at 03:38 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    It is SD tuned, previous tuner shut the MAF off due to it having cheap junk injectors.

The car already has a wideband in it, not sure how to hook it up to HP tuners as I have the newer model HP tuner.

So I have to copy the log and paste directly into the main VE?

Not exactly.

You only take the error graph that you create and paste that error percent into to the VE table to correct the fueling. Read up on VE tuning with a wideband. The key is to take small steps when doing the corrections and the editor software allows you to cut the data in half so you don't over do the corrections. A smooth VE table is the key to a good running vehicle, dips or spikes in the VE is not good.

This thread shows you how to set up a graph.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...al-VE-Vehicles)
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    So I need to get my hp tuners to read off my wideband, and create this graph? And then enable open loop? and log then paste the data in?

Also will wiring wideband up with the EGR work for the graph?

Tuner
    Yeah after you set up the tables for commanded afr error lambda you can use it via egr theres plenty of YouTube vids on this ill try taking off maybe 5% off the whole thing and see what that does if the ve table was good before and the injector data is good now it should be so off