Thread: NEW Scanner Question thats prob straight forward but not seeing it

Potential Tuner

NEW Scanner Question thats prob straight forward but not seeing it

While im recording data using the scanner and im recording the MAF Frequency as one of my channels I would like to know, Is the data accurate?
    I ask because with the current tune i have loaded im checking VE so im in SD Open loop and have my MAF turned off fully disabled so i wouldnt think it would record right? I feel this is prob a basic question proving how new i am to HP Tuners but i gotta know how its able to give me the grams a sec and the frequency for the MAF if its turned off properly. Thanks in advance anyone.

If the sensor is still plugged in, the data will still come through. You are just telling the computer to ignore that sensor by disabling it.

Ideally you need to remove the MAF channel if you are speed density tuning to prevent possible skewed data with un-wanted channels.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    ok that makes sense. I did not want to unplug the maf cause the IAT is part of it. Thanks for the reply and i will be taking your advice.

Advanced Tuner
    Its incredibly easy to depin the signal wire from the MAF connector so that you can retain the IAT and have it out of the system. Unplug the connector, pop off the purple cap over the terminals and the clip over the back of the wires on the connector (called the Terminal Position Assurance part of the connector) then use a straight pick to pull the little plastic tab that is holding the terminal away from it and pull the wire out. Takes less than 2 minutes if youre new to doing it and takes me about 20-30 seconds.