Thread: Please help the engine does not start

Tuner in Training

Please help the engine does not start

Hey. I'm building a Mustang with an LM7 engine.
    Today, all installed, but the engine does not want to start.
    At the factory the engine sneezes. Got a spark.
    My specification: 5.3 lm7, S475, no MAF, MAP 3bar, fuel 58psi constantly, no front and rear O2, simens deka 80s, 102mm dwc tb, btr stage 2 truck cam.
    Please helpe me.

12.09.18(2).hpt
    Last edited by gohanet; 10-01-2018 at 02:08 AM.

Did you disable the Vehicle Anti Theft System in the PCM? Why no front O2 sensors? You need those for best operation. What does the NOID light say about spark after 5-10 seconds of cranking?

Rick

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by B52bombardier1 View Post
    Did you disable the Vehicle Anti Theft System in the PCM? Why no front O2 sensors? You need those for best operation. What does the NOID light say about spark after 5-10 seconds of cranking?

Rick
    The vehicle theft system is down. O2 is not installed on the car, the setting will do without them, I have AEM broadband.
    Sometimes the engine can start for 3-5 seconds and then immediately stalls. A couple of times he worked 1-2 minutes until I released the accelerator pedal.

Does it do better with a shot or two of starting fluid / ether sprayed into the throttle body - throttle plate opened wide? I really do not like to recommend the use of starting fluid / ether because it can remove the cylinder wall oil film if used too heavily. But it can be a very useful diagnostic tool in situations such as this. I still believe the feedback provided by a pair of operating O2 sensors can help your PCM sort things out here. Same for an operating MAF if the speed density tune is improperly set up.

Who did your tune? You changed quite a few things that a standard LM7 engine does not normally have.

Rick

Advanced Tuner
    The MAF is missing and hasnt been failed in software.

Tuner in Training
    The problem was found. I mixed up the wires on the injectors and the ignition coils. The engine now starts and runs. But walk idle. Firmware I myself altered, read the manuals and did.

Tuner in Training
    If someone can, please check my setting, as I did it myself the first time.

Advanced Tuner
    attach a log of start up and attempted idle

Tuner in Training
    Do I understand correctly, if I have a fuel pressure of 58 psi and the injectors are calculated 84.32 lb / hr @43.5 psi, then I need to table HPtuners "Injector Flow Rate vs. KPA VAC " set the value in the whole table 97.3lb/h?

AFR at idle shows 11.5
    Last edited by gohanet; 10-01-2018 at 02:03 AM.

Correct, you must change the flow rate if you are running higher fuel pressure than what the injectors were rated at.

See where it's at from there. Then hook up your wideband o2 sensor so you can tune the airflow model to correct the fueling. Also if you have no MAF sensor you must wire in a separate intake air temp sensor as the computer must know that information.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Correct, you must change the flow rate if you are running higher fuel pressure than what the injectors were rated at.

See where it's at from there. Then hook up your wideband o2 sensor so you can tune the airflow model to correct the fueling. Also if you have no MAF sensor you must wire in a separate intake air temp sensor as the computer must know that information.
    I have an IAT sensor installed. Here attach the log file where the engine is turned on only 3 attempts and then when I push the accelerator pedal.
    As I tried to adjust the IDLE as the manual http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/to...sing-hptuners/
    As soon as I change the blend angle and the ignition then the car completely refuses to start.
    Please help me to set the direction of what I do wrong and what I need to pay attention to.

3.hpl

Which MAP sensor did you buy?

I can't view the tune but your key on engine off showed the MAP kpa at around 105-106kpa, that says to me that the linear and offset settings are not correct for the MAP sensor. The MAP kpa should match the elevation you are at, so say you are right at sea level give or take it would be 99-100kpa.

Tuning idle right off the bat will make things worse. The airflow model which in this case is your VE table needs to be really close to dialed in otherwise it will throw everything else off.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Yeah the map sensor settings are very important you'll be chasing your tail if these settings are off

Tuner in Training

Question

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Which MAP sensor did you buy?

I can't view the tune but your key on engine off showed the MAP kpa at around 105-106kpa, that says to me that the linear and offset settings are not correct for the MAP sensor. The MAP kpa should match the elevation you are at, so say you are right at sea level give or take it would be 99-100kpa.

Tuning idle right off the bat will make things worse. The airflow model which in this case is your VE table needs to be really close to dialed in otherwise it will throw everything else off.
    I have is worth MSD sensors 2313 https://www.summitracing.com/int/par...2313/overview/
    Its setting Offset:10,33 kPa and Linear:305 kPa.
    My tunes 01.10.(2).hpt
    When working at the motor AFR 11.6-12.00.

And yet I do not understand what the correct value Flow Rate vs KPA I have to put at a constant pressure of the fuel system in 58psi, 104.2 lb/h or 97.3 lb/h? All the firmwares I see is 104.2. I'm confused.
    Help please, and in Russia there is no one to turn to with such a project.
    Last edited by gohanet; 10-02-2018 at 05:04 AM.

Tuner in Training
    It seems that I have an error in the settings of the MAP sensor. If you believe the data on this site here https://sites.google.com/site/sloppy...identification then the setup should be like this GM 3 bar map sensor Linear and offsets for HPtuners software
    MAP Sensor Linear: 329.41
    MAP Sensor Offset: -6.35
    So what is the correct setting of the MAP sensor?

Tuner in Training
    I set the MAP sensor settings on
    MAP Sensor Linear: 329.41
    MAP Sensor Offset: -6.35

The AFR has become a 13.3 engine that seems to have become more stable, but it doesn?t want to wind itself up either, you have to press the accelerator pedal and it doesn?t start up again.
    I attach the firmware and the log.
    13.3 хорошо.hpl
    02.10 слил.hpt

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    from RTR the 3 bar map values should be
    linear: 311 kpa
    offset: 3.3 kpa

you have to do math to figure it out but thats the values i get. website shows data range for msd-2313
    http://www.robietherobot.com/storm/mapsensor.htm

see what those tell you for engine off map sensor value.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    from RTR the 3 bar map values should be
    linear: 311 kpa
    offset: 3.3 kpa

you have to do math to figure it out but thats the values i get. website shows data range for msd-2313
    http://www.robietherobot.com/storm/mapsensor.htm

see what those tell you for engine off map sensor value.
    Thank you! Thanks to your values, I now have the MAP showing 99KPA correctly with the engine off. I corrected the settings and went out to AFR 13.5. But I also have a problem that the engine itself does not start !!! To start the engine, I have to press the accelerator pedal. Can someone tell me what's the matter?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gohanet; 10-04-2018 at 06:23 AM.

Tuner in Training
    I think I found a problem. When starting the engine ECU asks AFR 23.952018-10-04_14-01-53.png

I have a question, where to adjust this parameter?