Thread: Killing me

Tuner in Training

Killing me

I have gotten a lot of the "bug's" worked out with the wiring etc. Actually got to go for a drive but it falls on its face still. What am I doing wrong? I have been reading and reading and making changes only to have to change stuff back to the way it was for it to even half way run. Feel like I'm bugging everyone but going crazy here. Help brother out?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Don't take this the wrong way but it's really hard to walk people through stuff they have never done before.

Airflow and fueling are your biggest issues right now. Look at what the computer is trying to do. It's trying like hell to add in 30-50% worth of fuel through the short term trims just to compensate and make it run okay.

Having correct fuel pressure and a wideband o2 sensor for tuning is a 100% must.

You need to disable the computers ability to add in fuel and correct the fueling on it's own. Using a wideband you must create a wideband error against the commanded air fuel ratio. That error graph can be put towards the MAF curve and the Primary VE table that control the fueling. The airflow model controls the fueling. The MAF and VE have be done separate from one another too. When the fueling is more dialed in the surging and falling on it's face will go away and make idle airflow tuning much easier.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.