Thread: 2003 LQ4 MAF frequency dip at WOT

Tuner in Training

2003 LQ4 MAF frequency dip at WOT

Truck is a 2003 1500HD w/ LQ4 and 4L80E. Truck has a K&N CAI w/ filter, stock exhaust manifolds, stock cats, and a cat-back aftermarket exhaust system (dual in single out muffler). Under WOT with 3rd gear commanded for tuning, there seems to be a dip in MAF frequency, hp, torque, inj duty cycle, etc. I have disabled TQ MGMT, adjusted fueling, adjusted PE, adjusted ignition table, slightly increased trans shift pressure, and reduced shift timing. If someone can look at my tune and log file to come up with suggested changes it would be appreciated. Trying to familiarize myself with tuning before I attempt to tune a project 3rd gen camaro with a mildly modded LQ4/4L80E swap. Thanks in advance.

Curtis
    Attached Files Attached Files

It seems that everything drops, even the RPM.

Is the torque converter locking at WOT?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Not sure. Is that something I can log to check?

Tuner
    Log Tcc slip

Tuner in Training
    OK I checked some other log files with WOT runs and it seems to have the same dip within a couple hundred rpm's of the other runs. It seems like the converter may in fact be locking up, which I suppose would explain it. Should I keep it from locking while I'm tuning WOT and is that even possible? I will also add Tcc slip to my log for future runs.

Tuner in Training
    Just checked my log files. It is logging Tcc slip under the channel section but not as a graph.

Tuner in Training
    Tcc slip stays steady at 79.9% - 80% throughout the run

I re-looked at the log, your TCC applied says yes just as the rpms drop by 200, so that is likely it.

It's not really going to affect anything.

It took you damn near 25 seconds to go from 50-100mph in that sled.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Oh its a sled for sure! 1500HD crew cab 4x4 with a toolbox in the bed. So besides being a pig, how does everything else look tune wise. I'm just looking to get the most power I can out of it and the best driveability so I can use the knowledge to tune the project car.