Thread: Shifting issues and Rev Limiter Issues

Potential Tuner

Shifting issues and Rev Limiter Issues

This is a tune from my Camaro. I need help with the shift points and the rev limiter. I would the shift points to be around 6500 and the Rev Limiter at 7000.

On the 2/3 shift it is wanting to hit the rev limiter which appears to be at 6200 and does not shift well and this really slows the car down. After it hits the rev limiter it will eventually shift. I lose alot of power and momentum at this point. The 1/2 shift is not bad. Any help would be great.

Tuner
    Did you ever get this figured out? I’m having similar issues with my 2016 Silverado. I had a tune that shifted well but the shift points were too low. I also noticed the WOT shift mph’s were quite a bit less than the mph corresponding to the rpm’s. I reprogrammed the WOT rpm’s and did the mphs so they matched exactly in WOT and part throttle tables. Terrible. Hangs shifts, stutters, sometimes won’t shift 2-3. I’m wondering if the mphs need to be a little less than you’d expect for the rpm’s. Also, I changed tire diameters and adjusted the numbers for speedometer. Probably should adjust the shift mphs.

Tuner in Training
    i am having the same issue, ive tuned all tables in reference to wot rpm/mph etc but it is hanging up in each gear until i back off.. i cannot seem to figure out wth is going on...

Quote Originally Posted by johnwood View Post
    i am having the same issue, ive tuned all tables in reference to wot rpm/mph etc but it is hanging up in each gear until i back off.. i cannot seem to figure out wth is going on...
    Post a Tune and Log File
    We don't know if you are talking about a 2002 4L60 or a 2016 6L80
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer