Thread: Need help. CAMARO MY 2017 refuses to open throttlle plate under certain conditions

Tuner in Training

Need help. CAMARO MY 2017 refuses to open throttlle plate under certain conditions

Hello

CAMARO MY 2017
    Non US
    Non Canada
    EU Model (in Switzerland)

Let me explain the problem that we face with this vehicle and with all other identical cars. In fact the factory software is defective.
    Here are the conditions where the fault occurs:

1. Road speed 48 Kph (speedometer shows 51 kph)
    2. Steady speed for a couple of seconds
    3. Then immediately to WOT

This will result in the throttle plate refusing to open for quite some time, I feel that the time delay until the throttle plate actually opens is at least five seconds. This errorneous behaviour is repeatable 100%

We assume that this was done by the manufacturer in order to pass the noise emission test.

Attached to this post is the original file and a Scanner-datalog that shows this erroneous throttle behavior.

Here a screenshot

Screenshot_2018-09-12 throttle - dominique opferkuch gmail com - Gmail.png

Your help will be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 1271330697; 09-12-2018 at 06:39 AM.

hello from germany...
    I also already experienced this behaviour, but could not find a solution so far.

Tuner in Training
    Hello Tobi

It seems all of these vehicles are affected. Really, the software from the manufacturer is malfunctioning.
    Maybe in a combined effort and with help from others here we can resolve this terrible and potentially very dangerous issue.

I look forward for others to chip in here.

TIA

I?ll chile in later if I get time.. there is a fix though..
    What do your DD and peak Tq tabke look like?

Tuner in Training
    Hello Ben

That is great news, I look forward to your fix. That will sure stop my accelerated hair loss, :-)

I did disable DOD and there was no change. I will make screenshots of DD and peak torque table and post here.
    (Ori file and log attached below)

Quote Originally Posted by 1271330697 View Post
    Hello Ben

That is great news, I look forward to your fix. That will sure stop my accelerated hair loss, :-)

I did disable DOD and there was no change. I will make screenshots of DD and peak torque table and post here.
    (Ori file and log attached below)
    turn off the traction control and log all the PIDs for torque request and torque in vcm scanner

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by s57_s2k View Post
    turn off the traction control and log all the PIDs for torque request and torque in vcm scanner
    Hello s57_s2k

I made a log (Traction Control OFF by console switch) with all torque related channels I could find and I have attached my channels layout and the log.

I accelerate 4 times in this log. The first accel did not cause the error because the speed did not match 48km/h (was 47) and the throttle plate responded as intended. The following 3 WOT pedal positions resulted in the error.

Do you see what causes that in the channels values I logged?

Your guidance in tackling this is very much appreciated, thank you.
    Last edited by 1271330697; 09-13-2018 at 04:19 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Last edited by 1271330697; 09-13-2018 at 08:24 AM.

i am pretty sure it has something to do with noise emissions and exhaust flap control, but as i said, tried for weeks already and couldn't find anything.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dertobi View Post
    i am pretty sure it has something to do with noise emissions and exhaust flap control, but as i said, tried for weeks already and couldn't find anything.
    Let us find the solution then. This can be utterly dangerous in a situation where the driver needs to accelerate ie. overtaking

I'm thinking... Torque Management / Driver demand. Map A - Normal -

100% put 15,000 aacross all speeds
    98% put 14,000 all across
    90% 13,000 " "
    85% 12,000
    75% 11,000

and so on until you get to 4% with 1,000 all across
    2% 750
    0% 500

Then copy and paste the whole table to Map B and Map C.

Give that a shot and see if things improve.

I agree with ZeroBoostBuick and Ben. Log a run and capture from idle up to speed slowly and give me a hard dig to see the issue in one log using the attached channel list. I am thinking this a peak torque versus rpm and driver demand table although without access to TCM it could be that. I would like to see logging more stuff. Throttle control source PID is huge indicator.
    Last edited by DHC; 09-13-2018 at 05:48 PM.

It looks like it is a specific European deal, for the noise emissions I have heard. Most likely that limiting is held in the brake control module that we do not have access to. Similar to the launch control settings. Or we are simply missing a bunch of tables in the editor for the ECM.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

veee8,
    Do you think the limiter would show up as a throttle control source type if correct PIDs are logged? I am more curious about this now as I am sure we will begin seeing similar issues in the near future as we begin to deal with new regulations.

I think your problem is in engine torque is higher than max engine torque. also you did not log predicted engine torque cmd.

Tuner in Training
    Wow.. Thank you all for participating in resolving this challenge.

I will follow your hints pointed out above one by one.

Please don't hold it against me if I come back with questions that may sound 'noobish". Altough I have extensive real
    world experience as a Tuner by trade (Standalone mostly) and basic WinOLS tasks, the HPTuners platform is rather new
    to me.

Thank you in advance

DynoDom