Thread: Tuning or mechanical issue?

Potential Tuner

Exclamation Tuning or mechanical issue?

First time tuner, first time poster. I'm having a strange issue with my current build.
    Specs:
    LQ4
    4L80E
    Ported 317 heads
    Single 88mm VSR turbo
    BTR stage 3 boost cam
    BTR .660" springs
    210lb bosch injectors
    AEM 400lph pump
    20 gallon fuel cell
    -8an feed
    -6an return with regulator

Here's the weird part now. No matter how much tuning I do, I cannot run the truck with the fuel pump on. In order for me to idle (disgustingly rich), I have to prime the fuel rails and shut the pump down. If I turn the pump on while its idling, it dies instantly. AFR readings from the AEM wideband are reading 12.3 to 10.2 at roughly 900rpm. I cannot seem to scale the injectors down enough, but I can prime the rails and idle for minutes on end with no pump. Any help is greatly appreciated. Not really too sure where to go from here. Thank you in advance. Current tune and first log file is attached.

P01 Segment Swap DTC Fuel Trim Big fuel trim.hptsecond run fuel trimming.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Ok you cant run the IFR at 40. As I had said yesterday, I said you could try running at 43psi base fuel pressure and set your IFR for your injectors to match what the injectors flow at that pressure as opposed to 58psi. Then you said that your Chinese FPR cant even run the pressure below 53psi. I dont know if your FPR is hooked to vac, but if it is and pressure cant drop with MAP, youre screwed before you have even started.

I think its your crappy Ebay FPR causing you issues and while I havent seen your install, Im guessing you have some other things going on too.

Your first thing to do would be to set your IFR to 210 not 40 and go from there, The smaller the injector the PCM thinks you have, the longer it will open the injector.

Potential Tuner
    My regulator is hooked to vac at the moment. Maybe it's on the wrong vac source, I'm not sure.

Advanced Tuner
    Well your injector data is fucked, like bad get that squared away and fix your regulator.

Set FPR while the engine is off and fuel pump is on , if you cant reach 45 psi then you need a bigger FPR . When you start the engine , FPR will compensate for manifold vacuum and it will drop fuel pressure bellow 45 psi.

you are not logging enough PID , log commanded AFR at least.

Advanced Tuner
    I just saw the video of your truck on FB. You need to take that to a shop to fix your obvious electrical issues and have them tune the truck. You are in way over your head.