Thread: Deatschwerks 88's now O2's not oscillating

Deatschwerks 88's now O2's not oscillating

My car is not running right after the injectors. Trims are not correct and AFR swinging wildly at cruise. I know my O2's are not oscillating fast enough. My guess is proportional fueling is too high. My question is this a byproduct of my injector #'s being wrong or is this normal on some injectors? I bought these injectors because they came with all the data. But so far it hasn't saved me any headaches. If this is normal what tables should be adjusted? I searched but the links are bad in the how to section. Thanks in advance for any suggestions88 Mustang Phil 3 bar.hptMustang2.hpl

You still have to touch up the airflow model with new injectors if you haven't yet. You can't really just slap new higher flowing injectors without doing some manual corrections to the tune.

If the data is correct, do tuning with your wideband in open loop to fix the VE table. Make sure the open loop EQ ratio is set to 1.00 for anything above 140 degree coolant temp.

Random things here, only log 1 map channel as it screws up your logs if you use both. Only log the 3 bar channel. Your timing is a little aggressive for boost and may be why it's showing knock or it could be fueling related too but no wideband to see that. Also maybe don't whack it with 11.29 as soon as you hit boost. You don't need that much fuel as boost starts to come on, have fuel roll in fatter as boost rises. Like from 12.0 down to 11.29 past 4-5psi so it's a smoother transition.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will play around with your suggestions. I feel the knock is mostly fuel related. It swings around. Any suggestions on the lazy O2's?

Fix the airflow model first, then see how the narrow bands react once you go back to closed loop.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Ok hooked up the wide band and started logging error. Every time I adjust my VE i am getting inconsistent results just like in closed loop. The O2's are responding odd. They should be reacting similarly but no. Anyone have any suggestions? I also can't get the knock retard down at takeoff in low RPM's. Pulls all timing and the car barely moves. Here is he latest log and tune. Thanks for any advice.

Mustang4 bank1.hpl88 Mustang Phil 3 bar.hpt

Anyone have any advice?

Tuner in Training
    Your low octane spark table has a giant cliff for the timing right where the KR starts. That needs smoothed. You also said you changed injectors. I am going to assume you went bigger. If you did try this fuel -> transient -> transient fuel qualifications-> minimum fuel milligrams change that to .002

Also if this is a 3 bar setup I am assuming you're boosted 20 degrees is piston cracking territory under boost.