Thread: LS2 MAF question

LS2 MAF question

So, if I disable the MAF to go into OLSD, will the IAT sensor still be enabled? I was thinking that just because the IAT is integrated into the MAF, why would be a problem if I disable the MAF (with HPT)?

Yes, even if the MAF Freq is disabled the IAT will still work. Mines this way and it works just fine.
    Born on 11/20/06 07' GMC Sierra DMax EC 4x4 HPT

SOLD:2003 Silverado ECSB 4x4, LQ9, Patriot LS6, TR230/224, 31lb inj, TB Stall, HPT & LC-1.

Advanced Tuner
    You will still want to do the Omega mod because your IAT's will be off and that throws everything else off. I would log in the morning, make changes to VE, then log in the afternoon and it would be way off again. Very frustrating. You may also want to set the bias to 1. I haven't yet, because I am concerned it will make bracket racing inconsistant.
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePiss
    You will still want to do the Omega mod because your IAT's will be off and that throws everything else off. I would log in the morning, make changes to VE, then log in the afternoon and it would be way off again. Very frustrating. You may also want to set the bias to 1. I haven't yet, because I am concerned it will make bracket racing inconsistant.
    Thanks,

From some initial scans the IAT's do climb rapidly when speeds are under 40mph. Just the other day the ambient temps were around 80-85* and my IAT's got as high as 120*. The good news is once I got moving, they went down pretty quickly. I can see where a relocate of the air intake would benefit along with your Omega IAT mod. I've seen a few guys modify the intake to pull air from under where the stock airbox is on our GTO's. That might be something I might play around with at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePiss
    Thats for the tip about the Omega mod. This is the first time I've heard of this and it looks to be what I was looking for. I was originally just going to relocate a stock IAT sensor somewhere either in the intake trac or in the intake manifold. But I think I will get that sensor and give it a try.
    Born on 11/20/06 07' GMC Sierra DMax EC 4x4 HPT

SOLD:2003 Silverado ECSB 4x4, LQ9, Patriot LS6, TR230/224, 31lb inj, TB Stall, HPT & LC-1.