Thread: Limp mode, p0606 e67 (2) log files and the tune file for ref. GM Performance LS1 HELP

Limp mode, p0606 e67 (2) log files and the tune file for ref. GM Performance LC9 HELP

Trying to get this truck out of the shop. LS1, GM Performance E67, not my tune, going into limp mode on acceleration. Truck will run and idle perfect. Take it around the block..perfect. Give it some throttle and LIMP MODE P0606. Immediately clear the DTC and back driving around the block. Please see attached Log files both limps have the same signature. The spark adv drops first then the throttle drops next. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I have read miles of TPS threads. Just doesn't feel right to start buying parts to install.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by AWEBB; 09-03-2018 at 05:08 PM.
    Current project:
    2016 Hellcat Charger over the 200 mph...
    Email: [email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    The GMPP (CPP) calibration appears to be for the LC9 (5.3L) crate motor.

What throttle body and accelerator pedal (APP) are you using ?

Don't know. Its a Performance Parts harness and ECM, the acc. pedal comes with the package. The throttle body came with the engine and the engine is a transplant not a crate motor.
    Current project:

Advanced Tuner
    No worries ... I believe that GMPP calibration is designed to work with a 2009+ truck throttle body, and a CTS-V accelerator pedal (APP).

A P0606 DTC could be caused by several things, but in a Gen 4 conversion is most often caused by a mismatch between the ECM calibration, throttle body, and APP.

Let me grab a couple tunes from the repository and compare. Did you note the LTB1 and LTB2 going through the roof during acceleration? Is that power enrichment mode? If you look at the log files, towards the end is where limp mode occurred. Just happened that the LT were pegged. Thanks,
    Current project:

Ok, looked at some stock files that I had from previous customers. No comparison to this set up. There was more green (differences) than not.
    Back to the problem at hand. Does anyone have a calibration procedure for the ECM calibration, throttle body, and APP? Many thanks!
    (taking this issue to FB so I can work on it at work..)
    Current project:

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AWEBB View Post
    ... Does anyone have a calibration procedure for the ECM calibration, throttle body, and APP? ...
    Step 1 - all components must be mutually compatible (see post #4).

Step 2 - often with drive cycles the ECM will “learn” (fine tune) the idle characteristics and APP voltage sweep (as long as these are within tolerance) on its own. If this does not occur, you can manually undertake both of these learn procedures using a Tech 2 (or equivalent device).

More often than not, the cause of the P0606 DTC is a hard parts mismatch.

GM Truck TB RME87-3C9992, APP 10379038, E67 programmed for 5.3 supposedly. I would assume at this point that the parts are a mismatch. Researching now. Quick search turned up 6.0 Liter and larger engine for the TB but not sure if this is an issue. Checking tune for 5.3 Liter and TB. Thanks for the help. Jon S.
    Current project:

Advanced Tuner
    Good job posting the part numbers.

APP 10379038 - is the GMPP APP (also CTS-V).

The throttle body part number corresponds to a Gen 4 truck. It is likely an early Gen 4 throttle body with a cast ridge on the lower circumference of the inlet side (used in 2007 and 2008). The 2009+ truck throttle bodies did not have this ridge - the inlet side was symmetrical.

The GMPP calibration will be for the later truck throttle body - however, these throttle bodies are electronically similar, and can often be interchanged without issue.

You seem to have the correct parts (or very close - if you have the early throttle body).

I took a brief look at the calibration you posted - it of course, has been modified.

It is configured for a Bosch MAP - used in 2009+ trucks. If you happen to be using a 2007 or 2008 truck intake manifold, it will use a Delphi MAP - necessitating changes to the calibration.

It is configured for 2009+ truck injectors (higher flow for Flex Fuel use). If you are using the 2007 to 2008 truck injectors, then the ECM calculated flow rate will be way off - causing the ECM to try to add as much as 50% more fuel via the closed loop fuel trim process. This may be the cause (or partial cause) of your high STFT / LTFT issues.

[ECM] 4040 - Engine Diagnostics>Airflow>P0101, P0106, P0121 Min ECT has been changed to 240F (which will disable the diagnostic), this parameter is often set to around 0F.

[ECM] 4042 - Engine Diagnostics>Airflow>Airflow Correlation>P0068 has been changed to 8000 RPM (which will disable the diagnostic), this parameter is often set to around 800 RPM.

Those are merely the areas that I looked at. Depending what MAP and injectors that you are using, these parameters may need to be changed, to more closely reflect actual values.

You really need a stock GMPP LC9 calibration to allow you to start over fresh, and then tune as required. I have one, but not in HPT format - sorry.

Does anyone want to trade a GMPP LSA stock tune for LC9 GMPP stock tune (HP Tuners - of course)?
    Current project: