Thread: Anyone have TPS Voltage over 0.8 volts and 0% TPS?

Anyone have TPS Voltage over 0.8 volts and 0% TPS?

Does anyone have there idle TPS voltage at 0.8 or higher and not throw a TPS code?

I raised my set screw(as opposed to drilling throttle body) until the TPS voltage was 0.8 volts at idle and then I reset my TPS sensor so it was at 1%(would not reset to zero at this voltage). I now have shifting problems with erratic shifting, not being able to down shift as WOT, and I went WOT from a stop the other day and my car shifted 1-2 at 7216 rpms(1-2 is set at 680) at only 80% TPS while doing a burnout. The weird thing is that the day before I was able to get the TPS to 100% and this time I couldnt.

Anyone else have these problems? FIX?

Tuner in Training

Re: Anyone have TPS Voltage over 0.8 volts and 0%

I am dealing with a simular situation on a 90mm TB. Things I do know: TPS voltage at the stop MUST be .4 to .6 volts, and if idle goes to 0% TPS to quick during warm-up, You will not be happy. Very unstable idle conditions and could very well be causing your problem. I made a new thottle blade for the TB and am trying to get everything dialed in. I should know later today if it helped any.
    Dave
    02 Z06 Corvette-Procharger+upgraded air ducts,\"NW\"TB/FAST intake 90mm,Fuel pump/rails upgrade,42.5 lb Inj,1.8-Jessel Rockers,Hard P-rods,ARP-bolts,Heads P/P,.051 Cometic-gaskets,CR -.5,SS braided line

Tuner in Training

That fixed my problem. Originally I found that I had vacuum leaks,(valve guides, Fast intake) and extra air getting around the blade in the TB. My guess in your situation is a vacuum leak - car is finding enough air to idle, even with TB's blade fully closed.

Have you backed the stop screw out to bring TPS volts into the .4-.6 range/+resetting computer's learn position?

Dave
    02 Z06 Corvette-Procharger+upgraded air ducts,\"NW\"TB/FAST intake 90mm,Fuel pump/rails upgrade,42.5 lb Inj,1.8-Jessel Rockers,Hard P-rods,ARP-bolts,Heads P/P,.051 Cometic-gaskets,CR -.5,SS braided line

I have not backed down the TPS voltage to 0.4-0.6. Right now I moved it slightly down to 0.78 volts. I played with a couple of other parameter and now it shifts fine. The problem that still exists is the that the car locks and unlocks during freeway driving. It locks for 30 seconds and then unlocks for 5 or so minutes and repeats cycle. Whether the car is in cruise control or not the same thing happens. I do not get any codes and I have raised the missfire tables.

ANy help is appreciated.

Tuner in Training

My Z06 will code/activate reduced engine power if the TPS voltage is not at.4-.6 at the throttle stop. What year is your car? Some one will have to help you on your TC issues. Have you tried search...I believe that has been discussed in the past.

Good Luck, Dave