Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to change the pulse widths? what tables?

how to change the pulse widths? what tables?

ok so i see:

1) short limit, is this the lowest limit until the...

2) short limit adder is applied? if a value is below the short limit the respective time in ms will be added?

3) the minimum pulse width, now my racetronix are only good to 1.5 ms, do i adjust this table only?

4) or do i adjust the default pulse width table up, or both?? can someone please clairify and tell me if im right or wrong with my assumptions?
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Re: how to change the pulse widths? what tables?

i have been serching for this with no luck
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner in Training

1. Short limit is the lowest pulse width. If the ecu commands a pulse shorter than this the short pulse adder is applied

2. yes

3. how do you know they are only good to 1.5 mS? Are these the 60/lb's

4.what do you mean by the default pulse width table?

I was able to get my 60 lb/hr injectors working good by playing with the offset table.

Give me some more detail and i'll see if I can help you some more.

well i have them working jsut running a little rich, when i tune the richness out the idle stumbles really bad.

racetronix actually told me they were good for 1.5ms

default injector pulse width is the other table i am talking about, right below the minimum pulse width, and do you know anything about the minimum pulse width table?

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
    well i have them working jsut running a little rich, when i tune the richness out the idle stumbles really bad.

racetronix actually told me they were good for 1.5ms

default injector pulse width is the other table i am talking about, right below the minimum pulse width, and do you know anything about the minimum pulse width table?
    I found out today the some of the race injectors possess too low an impedance for our EC Mto drive them. No matter what you do, it may not run right. You could purchase a resistor adapter for the injectors which raises their impedance.

Just a thought and something for you to research up on.

hmmm sounds like i may have to check that out some, thanks for all your help

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSS
    1. Short limit is the lowest pulse width. If the ecu commands a pulse shorter than this the short pulse adder is applied

2. yes

3. how do you know they are only good to 1.5 mS? Are these the 60/lb's

4.what do you mean by the default pulse width table?

I was able to get my 60 lb/hr injectors working good by playing with the offset table.

Give me some more detail and i'll see if I can help you some more.

Could you go into more detail about how you got the 60# to idle better? Mine run very very rich at idle and I just gave up on them, but it sounds like you may have figured it out.

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by eatme

Could you go into more detail about how you got the 60# to idle better? Mine run very very rich at idle and I just gave up on them, but it sounds like you may have figured it out.
    I basically redid the entire injector offset table to make the injectors behave like I wanted them to. The stock table is no good for the mototrons, neither is just adjusting the IFR table. They will never run correctly on a stock motor/stock fuel system unless you force them too.

The offset table is a constant value that is added to what ever the ecu calculates the injector pulse width to be.

My injectors now work very good, I have some LTFT issues but I blieve it's due to my mis-shapen o2 curves. I'm working on that issue now. I've turned off the LTFT's for now and might just leave them off.

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSS

I basically redid the entire injector offset table to make the injectors behave like I wanted them to. The stock table is no good for the mototrons, neither is just adjusting the IFR table. They will never run correctly on a stock motor/stock fuel system unless you force them too.

The offset table is a constant value that is added to what ever the ecu calculates the injector pulse width to be.

My injectors now work very good, I have some LTFT issues but I blieve it's due to my mis-shapen o2 curves. I'm working on that issue now. I've turned off the LTFT's for now and might just leave them off.

Would you mind sharing your offset table with me?

Tuner in Training

Or at least giving me a little hint as to what direction to head in

Tuner in Training

I meant to post some info for you last night but I didn't get home till late. I'd be happy to share what i've gotten so far. I'm going to try another approach with changing some of the o2 switching as well, but that will take time to get right.

well i think i have mine figured out, changing the o2 offset at high mV

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
    well i think i have mine figured out, changing the o2 offset at high mV
    Which tables did you modify and what did you change the values to?

i tried this and it still didnt work, should i just try to turn off proportional fueling and see if that does anything??

anyone?

Advanced Tuner

Do you have a cam?

yeah its in the car now, waiting on new oil pump, im gonna try to turn off proportional idle for the first parts of tuning, i would think after the cam it woudl be so rich that they should work out good

Advanced Tuner

How big is it? One thing I have noticed is that your LTFT lower limit needs to be set just above your idle MAP. Cammed cars need to raise the stock limit otehrwise you get interference readings from motion and being stationary.

F13 230/232 .598/.587 112+4

are you talking about the boundaries? i put the map up to 37 it was 32, will that be good for the cam or shoudl it be lower, or higher? thanks

Advanced Tuner

Log what vacuum your car draws at idle. With that size cam it should be around 50-55kPa. So I would reset your LTFT boundaries to 57/67/77.