Thread: Ok....SD Tuning for LS2's anyone?

Ok....SD Tuning for LS2's anyone?

OK, I've read over the HPT help file on SD tuning (specifically, open loop) and put an SD tune together. What I'd like to know is how can you get IAT's (This is an LS2) when the MAF is disabled?? I've searched here and over at ls1tech.com to no avail. Anyone?

TIA,

Mark

Advanced Tuner
    You can't disconnect or turn off the maf on an LS2 until you relocate the IAT sensor.
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

To relocate the IAT you need to purchase a 1998 Corvette IAT and the pigtail harness for the IAT sensor.

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePiss
    You can't disconnect or turn off the maf on an LS2 until you relocate the IAT sensor.
    So, did you buy an IAT for a 98 vette and relocate it or did you just relocate your MAF? How did you disable the MAF function, just cut a couple of wires from the MAF or what? Also, where did you relocate it to? SD looks so simple compared to anything else...

TIA,

Mark

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by barkingspud
    OK, I've read over the HPT help file on SD tuning (specifically, open loop) and put an SD tune together. What I'd like to know is how can you get IAT's (This is an LS2) when the MAF is disabled?? I've searched here and over at ls1tech.com to no avail. Anyone?

TIA,

Mark
    What is up with your setup that would make you get rid of the MAF and go to a SD setup?

EDIT.. I just saw your other post about your setup.. no reason to get rid of the MAF unless you just want to cause yourself headaches.
    Last edited by BLOWNZO6; 08-08-2006 at 04:58 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Actually, what I did was snip the 2 wires going in the maf harness that goes to the IAT sensor. I then bought the pigtail which you don't need, but makes it cleaner. I ran the sensor to the side of the airbox and taped it in there. The stock sensor sucks donkey. It gets heat soaked and takes 5 minutes at 70 mph to cool down to ambient. Go on ls1gto.com and search for the Omega mod. It is a thermistor with the same range as stock, but reacts extremely fast to change. I drilled a hole in the intake elbow and put some monkey snot around it. I also wrapped the intake tube from the tb to the airbox with fiberglass insulation with reflective covering around it. It helped mucho this weekend when going round robin at Norwalk (made the semi's in stock!) I was running 13.47-13.50 all weekend in 90* weather. For my next trick I am going to relocate the puke tank and run duct work from the intake to the bottom of the car. Search for ssintake on the same site.

You can turn the maf off in the software by setting the maf fail freq to zero.
    Last edited by PurplePiss; 08-08-2006 at 08:47 PM.

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNZO6
    What is up with your setup that would make you get rid of the MAF and go to a SD setup?

EDIT.. I just saw your other post about your setup.. no reason to get rid of the MAF unless you just want to cause yourself headaches.
    Yea...i'm getting that impression as it looks like a hack to isolate the IAT sensor.

Advanced Tuner
    It is only 2 wires, and the directions can be found easily on ls1gto.com or ls1tech.com. I highly suggest the Omega mod regardless, otherwise you will see 120+ IAT's anytime the ambient is above 80*.

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePiss
    It is only 2 wires, and the directions can be found easily on ls1gto.com or ls1tech.com. I highly suggest the Omega mod regardless, otherwise you will see 120+ IAT's anytime the ambient is above 80*.
    Thanks. I read the thread you mentioned. I'm just weighing my options at this point. Just want to get started somewhere....

Omega Part Number 44005
    Always Support Our Troops!