Thread: No cruise after manual trans swap; clutch switch?

Tuner in Training

No cruise after manual trans swap; clutch switch?

I have a 2001 3500 8.1 with an 0411 pcm. Originallya 2wd allison truck turned manual trans 4x4 truck, after the segment swap cruise is locked out at all times. I have verified input from both brake switches etc. It appears on a stock truck, pin 32 on the blue connector receives ground when the clutch is depressed, while pin 35 receives +12v. I'm assuming the PCM is looking for a clutch switch to unlock cruise, my question is which one? Or does it use logic like the redundant brake switches therefore requiring both?

Advanced Tuner
    Post your tune

Tuner in Training
    Truck 0411's use the 12v pin 35 blue. F nodys use pin 32 ground signal.
    2000 Chevy S10 2.2 Flex Fuel...
    60 mm Quad 4 TB, OBX header & XLerator Turbo muffler, CAI, '97 re-ground cam, 1.65 Harland Sharp self aligning roller rockers, Comp Cams #26981 springs, +1 mm ovresize valves, P&P head, Powertraxx No-Slip locker w/ 3.73's... All motor L43!

Tuner in Training
    I just realized this is a P01 not a 0411... My bad!

Tuner in Training
    Sorry guys I thought I had my tune attached when I replied earlier, trying again! Tonight I pinned a toggle switch to pin 35 so I could give it +12v to simulate a clutch switch, no go, cruise just shows as locked out on the vcm scanner at all times.

Advanced Tuner
    What year/model did you grab the manual segment from? On P01s, the cruise is handled through the TAC module

Tuner in Training
    Here is the file I grabbed the segment from, its the only manual trans file that shares my OS in the repository. I'm pretty familiar with DBW cruise, I got it working in my 5.3 swapped 61 impala no problem! Really bugging me I can't get this one sorted out. I'm wondering if the Allison TCM still being there is creating some sort of issue that keeps the cruise locked out? Also wondering about the clutch switch pin and polarity since the segment I used is from an F-body... I'm willing to try any ideas you have! Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Nevermind, Ill fix it in a few

Tuner in Training
    huh? haha

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by broke_as_a_joke View Post
    huh? haha
    I originally thought that you could flash it as a 4th Gen F body completely but forgot they never used a DBW throttle and I believe that is half your problem to begin with. I dont know if you tried your stock calibration without a segment swap but you should be able to just set it to manual and turn off all auto trans codes and have it work as regular. The clutch switch should show functional when hooked to C1-35 and the switch is Normally Closed meaning it turns off when the clutch is pressed. Your truck did come with the option for a manual so the F body stuff shouldnt be necessary.

Tuner in Training
    I actually drove the truck quite a bit before segment swapping, it was a turd. I never logged any data so who knows what was going on but I was bored one night and swapped that segment in and damn what different animal!! The cruise didn't work then but it had no clutch switch and both chisml bulbs were burned. I'll try flashing the tune with no segment back in and see if it works now. I'm still suspicious of that allison TCM, I'm fairly certain its bad, and thats what lead the previous owner to the stick swap, but I wonder if it could play some other part here in inhibiting cruise.

Advanced Tuner
    Test your brake switch to the TAC module. Light Blue Wire PIN 6 of the non-pedal side connector to the TAC. Also check the VEH STOP fuse in the power distrubution block to see if its not shorted. Last, scan brake switch input and see if it reads on and off, If it doesnt see the brake switch off, it wont allow Cruise.