Thread: Strange timing

Advanced Tuner

Strange timing

I ran a lot of passes this weekend and I can't figure out why I have a dip in timing in first gear. The IAT shouldn't be pulling timing.

Also, what do you think about the TM in the image, is it too aggressive? Am I losing a lot of time?

Why am I seeing knock when TM kicks in?
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Figure the timing out atleast. Seems my IAT was 122* when I hit the throttle and it rose to 124* at the middle of the gear which kicked in my -3* IAT spark correction. Then when it hit second the air started to go down in temperature and ended up at 109* at the top of third. This is interesting. It means it has to suck the hot air out from under the hood first. You would think a little speed would push colder air in and get registered long before the top of first gear. These GTO's have horrible ventilation...
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]