Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2001 buick regal gs ifr table problem

Tuner in Training

2001 buick regal gs ifr table problem

Why when I attempt to set up my ifr table for 60lb injectors it limits me to 63.5(lb/h) and says Parameter Out Off Range, would you like to overide predefined limits for this parameter and I click yes but automatically sets the ifr table to 63.5(lb/h). Yet I go to my ifr table in my gtp which has 60lb injectors and is tuned for them and lets me set it above this value, yet when I try to do it on my regal i get this "Parameter Out Of Range" message. Some one please chime in and help. Very frustrating

Advanced Tuner
    Post tune file but it sounds like the ECM is hardcoded to 63.5lb flow rate like my lsj p12 ... just hover over the selection block and it will show you in the bottom right what it can read up to

Tuner in Training
    regal after trans install.hpt Weird because they shouldnt be hard coded at that. Talked to a legit 3800 tuner and says he has never seen that. And I have a tune off my buddies gtp same year and it lets me edit past this predefined limit.

Tuner in Training
    and yes when I hover over the option it says only up to 63

The table does show a limit of 63lb/hr when you highlight over it with your mouse. Not much you can do about that.

If you are running 60lb/hr at 43.5psi, it will work just fine as that is under the limit.

You can contact support about this but not sure what they can do for you.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    The table does show a limit of 63lb/hr when you highlight over it with your mouse. Not much you can do about that.

If you are running 60lb/hr at 43.5psi, it will work just fine as that is under the limit.

You can contact support about this but not sure what they can do for you.
    So i wont be able to dial in my injectors properly then.

It is what it is I guess.

Not many in the 3800 crowd ever dial in the injector properly. I've seen it all the time where they just slap the new flow rate in there and adjust the MAF to their needs to get it close enough. Half the injectors don't even have proper offset vs volts and offset vs pw vs map because they are different brand injector.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    It is what it is I guess.

Not many in the 3800 crowd ever dial in the injector properly. I've seen it all the time where they just slap the new flow rate in there and adjust the MAF to their needs to get it close enough. Half the injectors don't even have proper offset vs volts and offset vs pw vs map because they are different brand injector.
    So i can just get away with setting it at 63 across the board and dial in my maf

I don't know of any other way on that style computer. Other than limiting your fuel pressure to 43-45psi to stay under the limit.

There are work arounds to that type of issue on much later GM computer in the V8 side with a double stoich/half IFR/half IVT terms but that stuff is way different than these much more basic computers.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...light=infinity

Previous person said it was a bug, maybe still something to talk with support about.

Tuner in Training
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...light=infinity

Previous person said it was a bug, maybe still something to talk with support about.
    Whats the fastest way to get a hold of support?

Tuner in Training
    Contacted support

Tuner in Training
    Still have not heard anything other then they where looking at my file 2 days ago

Tuner in Training
    Still nothing. Not very happy with this customer support. Car can not be driven because of this.

Looks like you are using an old software, so the problem may have already been corrected when using 3.6+ or 4.0.

Support wouldn't be able to do anything if it was fixed in say like the 3.7 beta which is now 4.0.

Tuner in Training
    Looks like you are using an old software, so the problem may have already been corrected when using 3.6+ or 4.0.

Support wouldn't be able to do anything if it was fixed in say like the 3.7 beta which is now 4.0.
    Im using the latest software you can download lol. And I also even tried there latest beta and no diffrent.

Tuner in Training
    Still not one word back from them.

Tuner in Training
    Also if you click on hpt 2002 grand prix sample file it restricts you from going over 63lbhr

Advanced Tuner
    Then its hardcoded and not a glitch in the software so as stated as above you could get a external regulator and lower the fuel pressure to stay in line or just scale the injectors...it wont be right but it should work ... works for me on my lsj

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TCSS07 View Post
    Then its hardcoded and not a glitch in the software so as stated as above you could get a external regulator and lower the fuel pressure to stay in line or just scale the injectors...it wont be right but it should work ... works for me on my lsj
    it shouldnt be hardcoded. Lol they never came hard coded in any wbody v6. I asked a tuner who makes turbo kits for these cars "Cartuning performance" if this is normal and his response was "on a v6? And had told me to contact support. He tunes everything and manufactures turbo kits. He is one of the best tuners in Toronto ,Ontario ,Canada. Why when i search this anywhere no one else has this problem on these cars or this year of regal. So im the only one in the hundreds to thousand of people who have modded this car that has had this problem?