Thread: Randomly dies while driving

Tuner in Training

Randomly dies while driving

hi
    my issue is when i start the engine in morning it run fine but while driving for 1 to 2 min it start dies randomly and also when i stop.
    after the engine dies i crank it again but die directly but after three attempt it start fine and it run good without any issue .
    this issue will be tuning issues ??? or there is something else .
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Hamood; 08-01-2018 at 04:13 AM. Reason: attachment

Hard to help with no data logs or a tune file.

Nor did you provide any information on what you are working with and the mods if any.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Hard to help with no data logs or a tune file.

Nor did you provide any information on what you are working with and the mods if any.
    here is the mode i have done to my truck :
    2000 GMC sierra 1500
    6.0 swap
    Tbss intake
    102 fast throttle boy
    shorty headers and catless
    volant cold air intake
    btr stage 2 truck cam

i attach the tune file but for data log i will provided later once i reach home

Advanced Tuner
    can be not enough air

too rich or lean

radical spark changes

unrealistic target idle speed

wrong or non existent VSS input to the PCM

or many other things. a log will help

Tuner in Training
    her is the log file is showing how the engine shut off after i start moving

6.0 swap.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    start with your throttle cracker table, base running airflow table. you need to add some air. as soon as you put it in gear and the load is applied to the engine the IAC motor is maxed out. it cant open any further to add more air. you need to add enough air so it will comfortable idle with 12-15 degrees timing and the IAC position in mid range.

you can do this by adjusting the throttle blade stop and resetting 0%TPS or drilling an air bleed in the blade. once you're in mid range values for the IAC position in P/N idling with only about 12-15 degrees you now have room to move. when its in gear the IAC motor will have resolution to add air and the idle spark corrections can add timing to maintain idle with the additional load. this will also mean that throttle cracker table editing will have an effect as the IAC isn't maxed out.

with an aftermarket cam you may want to consider a target idle RPM a little higher than 775rpm.

zero out your stall saver tables also

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by lukearmstrong1990 View Post
    start with your throttle cracker table, base running airflow table. you need to add some air. as soon as you put it in gear and the load is applied to the engine the IAC motor is maxed out. it cant open any further to add more air. you need to add enough air so it will comfortable idle with 12-15 degrees timing and the IAC position in mid range.

you can do this by adjusting the throttle blade stop and resetting 0%TPS or drilling an air bleed in the blade. once you're in mid range values for the IAC position in P/N idling with only about 12-15 degrees you now have room to move. when its in gear the IAC motor will have resolution to add air and the idle spark corrections can add timing to maintain idle with the additional load. this will also mean that throttle cracker table editing will have an effect as the IAC isn't maxed out.

with an aftermarket cam you may want to consider a target idle RPM a little higher than 775rpm.

zero out your stall saver tables also
    Thanks lukearmstrong1990 .
    I need help from you because im still new to the tuning and not have much experience can you help me for adjusting these tables .