Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do I reduce the amount of fuel when throttle is applied?

"Max" on a table can be seen if you scroll over the tab fo a table without clicking on it. At the bottom will be a description of the table you are about to open amd the max/min values at the lower right. You usually never want to hit the mx/min values as I stated before because the reaction of the ecu to an input is exponential. This typically exceeds the physical response capabilities and can/will cause runaway engine conditions.

The values you enter depend completely on your entire tune and the turbo you run. 100% of the same turbos from the same factory will require different parameters for all turbo tables. They all spool differently. I have seen plenty of tables which are nowhere near my values but work fine because they took different approaches to their tunes. There is no specific value to a table. Not like the answer to 1+1. It's 1+everything in every other table = result.

Read my PID thread which can be found in CSSOB's bible thread. Generally there is a limit to prop gain. The turbo can only spin up so fast. For the LNF k04 that was .458sec from 0-20 psi. Like I said, uncontrollable. For a twin scroll k04 ONLY (i tested for literal months on track and in races) aim for .7-.8sec from 0-20psi at the quickest. Stock can be as slow as 1.5-2sec.

Derivative gain is overshoot. Add until you have no overshoot on wot to target pressure. Too much derivative gain you will never hit your boost target. It'll struggle to get there, like loading a mclaren with 10k lb and flooring it.

Integral gain i used throttle lift as an indicator. Stock you have a lot of throttle hang. Scary on track. I added enough integral gain until the tb closing mirrored pedal lift. Too much and the tb will flutter and try to shut at wot. You will also see it slam closed before your pedal gets to 0%. Motor dbw is quicker than you.

Those are general guidelines I follow after a lot of testing and experimentation.

Check your email for cot and your afr stumble