Thread: Pause button on Scanner

Advanced Tuner

Pause button on Scanner

Maybe its already there, dunno, but figured I would throw it out there.

Reason I think a pause button would be good is so that if we get stuck at a long traffic light while scanning and the IAT starts to rise when tuning the VE table, it will start to throw everything off a bit. So if we could get a pause button on both the scanner and block box we could in essence cut those area's out.

Also, if we have a scan one day, and want to continue it the next day with same settings etc, and populate the cells as high as possible this would be another good tool possible... dunno, just throwing it out there

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6Fury
    Maybe its already there, dunno, but figured I would throw it out there.

Reason I think a pause button would be good is so that if we get stuck at a long traffic light while scanning and the IAT starts to rise when tuning the VE table, it will start to throw everything off a bit. So if we could get a pause button on both the scanner and block box we could in essence cut those area's out.

Also, if we have a scan one day, and want to continue it the next day with same settings etc, and populate the cells as high as possible this would be another good tool possible... dunno, just throwing it out there

Why not setup a filter in the histograms?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    you could use a filter to filter that out
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Filter? Good lord I'm such a noob... I'm gonna have to look into this now... does it just filter based in a specific parameter's value or something? Everytime I think I've got the basics down I find a new one...
    2005 Stage 2 Saturn Ion Redline
    260whp, 225wtq 14.0 @ 13.7 (2nd time dragging)

RedlineForums.com Moderator and Eager Tuning Noob.
    Chicago, IL

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp00ner
    Filter? Good lord I'm such a noob... I'm gonna have to look into this now... does it just filter based in a specific parameter's value or something? Everytime I think I've got the basics down I find a new one...
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058

http://www.hptuners.com/help/demos/u...0filtering.swf

http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_sca..._histogram.htm

yah ya might wanna look into that

Yea, everytime I ask a question on here I realize the answer is usually in about 8 different places, on my laptop in the help files, and there will be at least 2 FAQ's related to the subject on here!

I actually realized it mid post and still asked... hehe...

I read through most of them, thanks for the links though! I'll be back in 20 mins asking if anyone has used an LC-1 with HPT... (I've already found all the stuff, just a joke!)
    Last edited by Sp00ner; 08-04-2006 at 07:13 PM.
    2005 Stage 2 Saturn Ion Redline
    260whp, 225wtq 14.0 @ 13.7 (2nd time dragging)

RedlineForums.com Moderator and Eager Tuning Noob.
    Chicago, IL

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    hehe...99% of the "general" questions can be answered through the help file...but I think filters are one of the least understood...we're gonna fix that soon I think though

Advanced Tuner
    No pause button

2002 BSM T/A WS6 #3371 (Sept 12, 2002) "LOB"
    TSP Tqr II (232/234 113lsa +2), ETP Heads, FAST 90/NW 90, 42#SVO, 25% Powerbond Pulley, FLP catted LT's, B&B Tri-Flo, QTEC, Smooth bellows, Fast Toys 85mm lid & Grn Filter, Lou's SS, LG SFC's + X Braces, LG LCA's, LG PHB, LG DSSL, LG TA, Koni SA's lowered, Z06 Front brakes, Earl's SS lines, IForged Classics (18x9.5" F, 18x10.5" R) & very big and expensive stereo... (Eclipse, Zapco, Focal, Lotus)