Thread: err light while datalogging

Tuner in Training

err light while datalogging

ok i thingk i did this right maybe not but anyhow i tried to datalog using the new update but i get nothing but the err light .. i did firmware update .
    what are the steps to do this ?

Advanced Tuner
    Did you write the configuration to the cable? Do you have any unsupported parameters in the table view?
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Tuner in Training
    lol man you are talking foreign language to me. My brother installed this on his labtop and has tuned the car through his machine. well i dont have a labtop so i just installed this on my desktop. Really i just reinstalled it because i wanted to make sure i did this correctly. Well i did update the firmware before i reinstalled the software but now i can get it to update it. I just want to use the stand alone datalog to see why my car is runing weird atm.

Advanced Tuner
    You must connect the scanner to the car with the computer at least once, then you set up the PID's that you want to log in the table view, go to Scan > MVPI Pro Datalogging and hit Write Config. It writes the configuration data, along with your VIN, to the cable so you can datalog. If the wrong VIN is in there, or there are PID's that are not supported, it won't let you datalog. Thats why the scanner must be connected once to get the right VIN in the system.
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Tuner in Training
    aight that make sense thnx man..

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/HPT...onelogging.swf its not finalized but should help for the time being get it while I still have it on my site.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    do i have to write config eachtime i use black box datalogging or does the config "stay in there" until i change or modify it?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    stays in there until you change it.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"