Thread: LS3 E38 Start and Die issue

Potential Tuner

LS3 E38 Start and Die issue

Hi There,

Question. Friend of mine did a ls3(e38) + 6l80e swap into an old apache pickup(Came out of a camaro).He used a harnass from PSI (har-1071) and installed it without any issues. After it was installed it offcourse wouldnt start because of the VATS.

He asked me to disable vats and delete the rear lambda faults. So I disabled vats1 &2 and did a full write on the bench.
    He tried it, but didnt want to start. The starter hooked up with a key, not through the E38 ecu. So i went to him and see what i could find that might be the issue. I changed the starter fault check and now it will start, run for a second and die. I can see that its controlling the pulsewidth back to 0ms for it to die.

Havent seen anything that could cause it except from VATS not being performed perfectly.
    I did however see a weird MAP signal. Turns out i changed it to 2bar without knowing it. Could this be the cause for the issue?

I flashed it back to the original version on which i did the VATS and starter patch, as well as Fuel pressure Control Module to disable(wasnt done the first time).

i also noticed that some errors would come up while being disabled in the tune(uncheck SES and No Error Report).

Anybody even come accross this?

This is the new file. Hasnt been tested yet. Will have the results tommorow. But maybe somebody has some more info.

Thank you

Chevrolet Camaro 2011 LS3 E83 Tristan HP Tuners VATS6 New file non 2bar os.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Already heard back, it's running now.
    Maybe it was the fuel pressure module, or the 2bar conversion without knowing.
    I don't know when I clicked in it by mistake, but I'm sure I made changes after that.

Anyway, problem solved

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mclain View Post
    Hi There,

Question. Friend of mine did a ls3(e38) + 6l80e swap into an old apache pickup(Came out of a camaro).He used a harnass from PSI (har-1071) and installed it without any issues. After it was installed it offcourse wouldnt start because of the VATS.

He asked me to disable vats and delete the rear lambda faults. So I disabled vats1 &2 and did a full write on the bench.
    He tried it, but didnt want to start. The starter hooked up with a key, not through the E38 ecu. So i went to him and see what i could find that might be the issue. I changed the starter fault check and now it will start, run for a second and die. I can see that its controlling the pulsewidth back to 0ms for it to die.

Havent seen anything that could cause it except from VATS not being performed perfectly.
    I did however see a weird MAP signal. Turns out i changed it to 2bar without knowing it. Could this be the cause for the issue?

I flashed it back to the original version on which i did the VATS and starter patch, as well as Fuel pressure Control Module to disable(wasnt done the first time).

i also noticed that some errors would come up while being disabled in the tune(uncheck SES and No Error Report).

Anybody even come accross this?

This is the new file. Hasnt been tested yet. Will have the results tommorow. But maybe somebody has some more info.

Thank you

Chevrolet Camaro 2011 LS3 E83 Tristan HP Tuners VATS6 New file non 2bar os.hpt
    i know its an old post but you mentioned starter check, what did you set it to to work?

Tuning Addict
    You just disable the starter check - also if you do like he did you have to pre populate the 2 bar OS tables before it will run.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC