Thread: Back after 12 years & need help

Tuner in Training

Back after 12 years & need help

I have been out of the game since 2006 and feel like I can still do my own tuning but one thing I never tuned for on my last car was injectors. Didn't need bigger injectors back then.

Now I have 42lb injectors. Not sure if its cool to link to them but the description is "BOSCH EV14 42LB FUEL INJECTORS" Bosch EV14 42lb Fuel Injectors, Set of 8

These fuel injectors are a direct drop-in for LS1/LS6 vehicles. They are the same overall length as the stock LS1/LS6 injectors, and the injector connector is an LS2-style. However, all of the injectors do include a plug-and-play harness to adapt the fuel injectors to the factory LS1/6 (EV1) connector. The 42 lb./hr. rating is at 43.5 psi (3 bar).

They did not come with any info on flow data and so forth. My build is ready to start up but Im sure I need to input some data for these injectors into my tune file to keep it from hosing my engine with fuel.

Really just need to know what to input into my file for the injectors. I can handle the rest of the tune.

Thanks in advance for any help.

The flow rate is the easy part. An LS1/LS6 is going to run a base fuel pressure of around 58psi unless you have otherwise changed it. So you'll have to calculate the flow rate at 58psi instead of 43.5. If you are using the factory style regulator you can match how the factory does the injector flow rate. If pressure is fixed 100% of the time, then a straight flow rate number can be used.

What you need to figure out from where you bought the injectors or whoever still sells those injectors is the offset vs volts, the min injector pulse, short pulse adder and short pulse limit.

Tuning the VE/MAF and everything will be much easier if that data is known.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks. The place I bought them from hasn't been much help. These are pretty common injectors from what I understand. Fuel system is still stock up to the fuel rails so its still at 58psi. Its a heads/cam/intake stock bottom end in my 2002 Camaro.

Advanced Tuner
    Return them, sell them, eat the cost and but new injectors. I'm a big fan of matched oem Flex fuel truck injectors when I can or Injector Dynamics products otherwise.