Thread: How does traction control spark retard show up in the logs?

How does traction control spark retard show up in the logs?

I ask because I am seeing massive amounts of knock retard in areas that I've never seen it before and it coincides with a traction control event. Does traction control spark retard show up as knock retard? Things seem too "perfect" for this to be real knock, e.g. the exact same of KR on every cylinder at the same time...

I think I'm logging every spark parameter I can, but I don't see any retard parameter associated with torque management.

Image 1.png
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ported TVS1900 OD cogs 10.5psi | ID850 | Vaporworx CTS-V 1:1 | COMP 219/233 .606"/.605" 113+1 | Ported TB | Pacesetter 1 3/4 LT | Solo Mach X3

Advanced Tuner
    there are 2 traction control PIDS you could log to confirm. you could also disable traction control methods to confirm your theory.

however ive never seen TQ management spark corrections log as KR

I would be looking at your PE MAP enable value. your KR has started before 85KPA (your PE enable MAP) when you've stood on the throttle. supercharged car will struggle to subdue knock once its started while accelerating.

I would prove to yourself if its traction control or not as above. but if not I would be zeroing burst knock tables. lowering PE enable MAP and zero the delay RPM. I would also ask for a more aggressive PE ramp in of 1.8-2.0.

lean AFR on tip in with PD blown engine will cause knock

Thanks for the response. I found the traction control PIDs and added them as well as made changes to how PE enables like you suggested, I'll test it out tomorrow.
    Ported TVS1900 OD cogs 10.5psi | ID850 | Vaporworx CTS-V 1:1 | COMP 219/233 .606"/.605" 113+1 | Ported TB | Pacesetter 1 3/4 LT | Solo Mach X3

Well, hard to say, but those changes may have helped slightly. I replicated again this morning as close as I could and still got some KR both with TC on and off, although not nearly as much, only about 3?.

The thing is, it seems to be correlated with wheel spin, if I hit the same areas without spinning the wheels there is no KR.

Advanced Tuner
    turn the spark switch off for traction control so it used ETC only. if it still logs as KR id believe it to be that. if not then you will have proven it to yourself

I wonder if it could also be something contacting the block. I'll have to do some investigation.

It just seems odd that KR shows up when the wheels spin, but not when they don't in the same cells.