Thread: 2018 Mustang Ecoboost

Tuner

2018 Mustang Ecoboost

Since we cannot currently upload tunes to the repository, if anyone is interested posting the stock tune from my 2018 mustang ecoboost (which took over 20mins to read).

I'm still on the fence on tuning it or leaving it stock for now, but wanted to check the file and see what was available for it so far.

Hopefully it attached correctly.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Current toy- 97 SCSB OBS chevy forged 6.0/4l80 combo with a bit of boost..currently back under the knife

To many previous vehicles to list

Advanced Tuner
    Flex fuel logic is present, it would be interesting to see how good it works, even if the fuel system cant suport 85% E, i would like to test it at lower % to see where is the limit and what can it gain

Tuner
    I plan on using this car to become more fluent with the tuning aspects of the ecoboost platform and with the new 10 speed automatic. Currently, I have very limited tuning experience when it comes to the ecoboost but I plan on seeing what I can do with it once I do a few required upgrades to the car , such as larger intercooler, in order to support more in depth tuning.

It should be interesting to see how it reacts to various levels of ethanol, but like you said, the fuel system will probably be the largest limiting factor when it comes how close to e85 it will support.

Appears to be a pretty straight forward logic to make power, but there are a bunch of limiters all over the place that will take time to learn.
    Current toy- 97 SCSB OBS chevy forged 6.0/4l80 combo with a bit of boost..currently back under the knife

Advanced Tuner
    i feel like i have hit a wall with the 2015-2017 mustang ecoboost, tuning using 100 oct fuel where theres no more power to be gained with more timing and WG DC is 100% from 4500rpm and up 12.5s @ 107-108 mph seems to be all i can get out of them with the stock turbos.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mJolnir View Post
    i feel like i have hit a wall with the 2015-2017 mustang ecoboost, tuning using 100 oct fuel where theres no more power to be gained with more timing and WG DC is 100% from 4500rpm and up 12.5s @ 107-108 mph seems to be all i can get out of them with the stock turbos.
    Is this a completely stock car with a tune? If so that's a respectable gain.

Im shooting for low 12's/High 11's in the 112-114mph range doing full bolt ons, stock turbo/motor..

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by toyoguru View Post
    Is this a completely stock car with a tune? If so that's a respectable gain.

Im shooting for low 12's/High 11's in the 112-114mph range doing full bolt ons, stock turbo/motor..
    Three different cars;
    one is cobb intake and intercooler, and high flow catted downpipe
    one is K&N intake, speed factory intercooler and decatted stock downpipe
    and the third one is a intake that i dont remember the brand, sf intercooler and map 3" off road downpipe

they all do 12.5s at 107-108 mph