Thread: Can I flash an entire tune from a different PCM to another PCM?

Can I flash an entire tune from a different PCM to another PCM?

My friend bought an LS2 crate motor that came out of a 2000 Camaro SS, which was professionally dyno tuned. I have the tune from that PCM and I have the license for this PCM

My friend installed it in a Chevelle, but we no longer have the 2000 Camaro PCM, he ended up buying a new PCM from a 2002 Cadillac Escalade (red/blue connector). Could I just WRITE ENTIRE the LS2 Camaro tune on the new PCM he got?

I attached the LS2 Camaro tune, and also the new PCM tune. I have licenses for both PCMs

New PCM.hpt
    LS2 Camaro Tune.hpt

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    open the file for the new ecu. then open your original file as a compare file.
    if you hover over the different main tune sections like engine, engine diag, trans, trans diag, system, etc... you can right click copy from the compare file ans paste to the new ecu file. this will transfer the settings over and prevent any OS and VIN errors upon flashing.
    since its stand alone you will have to flash for vats disable which is typically performed first and as a write entire process. its the only time other than an OS upgrade that you would typically perform a write entire.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

I found a 2002 Camaro F-body tune on the repository that has the same OS as the new PCM we plan on using.

Could I just segment swap over everything from this Camaro PCM? I find that the PCM I have has a lot more inputs than the original Camaro tune

The only thing I'm worried about is that this PCM looks like it came from an engine that had DBW. The engine we are using is DBC.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    if the os is the same you can do that. i dont recommend taking anything from the repository because they dont match your application and usually those tuners techniques were used to overcome specific application issues that wont line up.
    its better if you take all your previous tuned data that you say you have and paste it into the new ecu.

it is possible to disable DBW.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman