Thread: 6l80e question

Tuner in Training

6l80e question

Replacing trans today in an '09 Tahoe with a reman unit. New trans needs to be programmed. Typically it needs a scantool with a 24 hour subscription to GM to download and flash the latest software to it. Can this be done with HPTuners as well?

Advanced Tuner
    No, HPT can't do

Advanced Tuner
    I actually read the ecm and tcm in my 08 denali with my original trans, and did a write entire with the new to me trans installed and it took it. Other options is to swap TCM/valve body on the 6l80e.
    2008 Denali XL AWD LSA Blower
    2010 CTS-V
    2005 LLY Duramax SAS
    2015 Denali

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SUTTERERMAN85 View Post
    I actually read the ecm and tcm in my 08 denali with my original trans, and did a write entire with the new to me trans installed and it took it. Other options is to swap TCM/valve body on the 6l80e.
    I never tried that..... I had to replace my TCM valve body with a reman that I got from Dorman.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DrLoch View Post
    I never tried that..... I had to replace my TCM valve body with a reman that I got from Dorman.
    I was in the same boat. Bought the denali needing a trans. Got lucky. Dealership was gonna rape me for a 10 min job otherwise.
    2008 Denali XL AWD LSA Blower
    2010 CTS-V
    2005 LLY Duramax SAS
    2015 Denali

Advanced Tuner
    Don't know if that would have worked my case since my original TECHM decided it did't want to shift correctly anymore. I tried rebuilding the switches, no joy. Got the techm from dorman sucked out my existing cal and put it back in the reman module and was good to go. Don't know if the Dorman reman has any cal data in it or not, didn't think to look. again, good info to know.,