Thread: SOMEONE PLEASE HELPHave 10 GM credits cannot license new car .TECH SUPPORT HORRIBLE

SOMEONE PLEASE HELPHave 10 GM credits cannot license new car .TECH SUPPORT HORRIBLE

SOMEONE PLEASE HELPHave 10 GM credits cannot license new car .

Down load tune form new car try to write the normal prompt comes up "you do not have license for this file"
    click "show license options " selection is greyed out says I have 1 GM credit . I just purchased another GM credit my account when log on show I have 10 !!!!!

This is just unreal . sent multiple messages to tech support I sent them my VCM info plugged into car no response !

Would be nice if there was a real person to talk with @ Tech support after all the $ HP tuners cost ..

Potential Tuner
    Is the computer/VCM all hooked up to internet when you try and use it? I had issues with mine when I first bought some, I ended up waiting the night and worked in the AM. Don't recall if I did anything special though.

Like Scottie said, ensure you're connected to the internet. Open the VCM Editor, Help tab, and select Resync interface. I believe that will update all your licenses/credits. Hope that helps.
    Rich
    1985 C10 SWB, LM7, 4L80E

Forgot to add: Make sure your interface in USB'd or bluetoothed to the computer during the resync.
    1985 C10 SWB, LM7, 4L80E

Tuner in Training
    Your account only shows total credits purchased in history. Not what you have available. So if you have one left......you needed to get more

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by claytonracing View Post
    Your account only shows total credits purchased in history. Not what you have available. So if you have one left......you needed to get more
    ^what he said...
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Can you still buy credits for previous devices??

-Enjoy

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by gumpy View Post
    Can you still buy credits for previous devices??

-Enjoy
    You can still buy credits for MPVI1 interfaces
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    You can still buy credits for MPVI1 interfaces
    Sweet ...

-Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by magnoman View Post
    SOMEONE PLEASE HELPHave 10 GM credits cannot license new car .

Down load tune form new car try to write the normal prompt comes up "you do not have license for this file"
    click "show license options " selection is greyed out says I have 1 GM credit . I just purchased another GM credit my account when log on show I have 10 !!!!!

This is just unreal . sent multiple messages to tech support I sent them my VCM info plugged into car no response !

Would be nice if there was a real person to talk with @ Tech support after all the $ HP tuners cost ..

If you tried to license it and the system shows you had one credit and you bought another it doesn't add itself to the system. If you had one and purchased another you need to copy/paste the new application key to your setup to be able to use the other credit you bought. If you had one, bought another that makes for 2 and for most vehicles that is enough. If your account shows you have 10 it is likely correct. It isn't HP Tuners fault that you don't understand the system that pretty much everyone uses on a daily basis. The system shows how many credits you have purchased for that cable, not how many you have available. They have no way to know how many you have used. This is a reason they don't have a tech support phone number. So many people want to buy tuning software and want a helping hand through the whole way. That's not an insult, it's a fact. I'm not a fan of the new setup at all, but it is what we have to work with. The comment you make on the cost is amazing. Buying HPT gives you a ton of ability for the cost. I own two cables and have purchased at current 1129 credits. I use my cable on a daily basis and have probably sold 50-100 cables through recommendation to people (at one time I was selling them through my Atech account). The system works very well and has only gotten better as time goes on. I think they should produce and post a video on how to fully use the new login system so people understand better how to handle that part at least. There will always be parts of it over someone's head, but sometimes you have to figure things out and be patient for those things you don't.